X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HWith
    • May 2007

Recommend a good trench coat!

I've been looking for a new jacket or coat for a while now. I don't have anything at all, and will only be able to afford one piece this year. Therefore I'm looking for something that is very versalite. I've come to the conclusion that a trench coat would be the best option. It has to be timeless without being too boring. I know it's impossible to find one single piece of outerwear that will go with any outfit, but beggars can't be choosers, isn't that what they say? I like some of the trenches Dior Homme make, but the quality doesn't do it for me. A few weeks ago I had the chance to compare a DH trench and a Burberry Prorsum, and I like the latter in every way, although it would be nice with slimmer sleeves. So right now my plan is to get a black Prorsum-trench when sales starts, hopefully at a price of about $1000 (I can't get any higher than that). If anyone has any ideas or would like to recommend another piece, I'd very much like to hear them. :)
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Recommend a good trench coat!

I really like the RO trench that A picked up this year, although I don't know how versatile that color might be year round. Jil Sander might be a good designer to check out, as there were actually a lot of black coats for Spring, I've just never personally seen them in person. At $1,000, you should have no problem finding a great coat during this sale season.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

[quote user="Casius"] At $1,000, you should have no problem finding a great coat during this sale season.[/quote]

If it wasn't for the fact that I live in Copenhagen. *sigh*. But thank you very much for the suggestions. I'll look into RO, although I'd be tempted to go with a leather-jacket instead, but I can't let that happen. Not exactly the most versatile piece. Where can I find Jil Sander online?

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Oh oops, thought you were in the U.S. Either way, Jil Sander is pretty hard to find online, matchesfashion has a little bit, but I don't believe they have any coats, atleast none that fit the bill. You could always search through some lookbooks/runway pics, then contact the store and see what they have in stock, etc.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

HWith, Margiela makes versatile coats of excellent quality. I bet if you scour yoox, you'd be able to find something. What weight are you looking for, Fall or Winter?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drexl
            • Sep 2006

Costume National does nice stuff that won't break your bank account (look at yoox), Allegri also does more simple, timeless trenches (designed by Viktor & Rolf) that's pretty inexpensive (case in point, a single-breasted version on LuisaViaRoma soon to be only 225 Euros).

Comment

• HWith
              • May 2007

I'll try Yoox and LvR then. I'm looking for a pretty light coat, as I rarely ever feel cold. Thanks for all the suggestions, now I really have something to work with. :)

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎