Banks Violette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banks Violette

Banks Violette's new work at Gladstone in NY has an aesthetic that will probably resonate with many folks on SZ. It's a bit dark, a bit glam, and a bit edgy; some of the pieces felt like an extension of DH ca 2004.

</p>

- Adam</p>

</p>
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Banks Violette

Thanks, Adam. I like the space, but the installation... well, I see this every day at construction sites on Wall St. [:P] I'm sure it'll look different in real life though. It's impossible to judge such installations.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

I've been interested in Violette ever since I heard he worked with Sunn 0))), and the church piece he did based on the infamous "death metal arsonist" incidents looks like it would be an experience.
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• josephr
        • Jun 2007

<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV>i would recommend checking out his earlier work too. he is very well developed as an artist, i think. there is a lot of depth to the work especially. he also modeled for patrick ervell! haha<DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>http://www.teamgal.com/violette/index.html</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV>

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎