X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soultek
    • Feb 2007

DIY Yamamoto

Came across this site with a simple design for a women's jacket. Pattern provided by none other than Yohji Yamamoto himself. There some patterns from other designers on the site too including Junya and Margiela. Pretty neat. Only women's clothing though :(

I made this Yamamoto coat, it's only two pieces of cloth. Been waiting from my GF to get back in town so she can try it on..

Enjoy!

http://www.showstudio.com/projects/ddl_yamamoto/download.html

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: DIY Yamamoto

/\ ha! cool! I'm sure your gf will be pleased.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

Nice, this exact same one has actually been on my DIY list for a while. I'm also thinking about making an extra long version of the McQueen kimono.

Soultek, you've got a lucky girl. What fabric did you end up using?
      Naturally we'd love to see a pic of the finished product!

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• sbw4224
        • Sep 2006

Nice! Pictures are definitely required.

I've wanted to try and make this for a long time as well. Maybe one day I'll get around to it...

Comment

• soultek
          • Feb 2007

Well, YY recommended 'some kind of wool' and from the pics of the finished jacket on the site it looks like a thicker wool, maybe a flannel or a blend or something. I think a thick knit would work too, like a thick linen (similar to some Carpe type trousers). There's a cool store by me that sells vintage wool fabric from Italy, but the prices range 30-50$/yd. I went with a similar weight cheap cotton flannel fabric since I'm still a novice at these things (second garment I've made) and I didn't want to waste money screwing it up. I think I'll make it again in a nicer wool after I check the fit on my GF (and take pics of it on her)

Comment

• badseeds
            • Mar 2007

wow, cool site! thanks soultek. wish to see pictures!

Comment

• Purity
              • Apr 2007

Where are the patterns from the other designers? I can't seem to find them.

Comment

• soultek
                • Feb 2007

[quote user="Purity"]Where are the patterns from the other designers? I can't seem to find them.[/quote]

Check out Design Downloads towards the bottom

http://www.showstudio.com/archive/

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

Thought I'd post a few pics of the YY jacket as a work in progress. It's a prototype so I'm using some old fabric I had. Going to use a heavier wool for the final. It's taking longer than expected! (read: a few more weeks..)

I'm still fairly amazed how two so seemingly simple pieces of fabric with minimal stitching creates a beautiful 3d structure that complements the body.

Measuring, cutting the pattern.

Pattern and fabric ready to go!

Snip, snip away.

With the fabric cut and a few pins I can roughly see how it fits together.

Next is the stitching which I hope to get to next week.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎