Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shrinking garments - is it possible to get a decent result?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HWith
    • May 2007

Shrinking garments - is it possible to get a decent result?

EDIT: Is it possible to move this thread to the DIY-forum? Thank you. :-)

None of the forum sections really seems appropriate for this post, so I'll just put it here. I hope it is okay.

Anyways, I have a couple of pieces that are slightly too large for me - even with a somewhat 'oversize look' in mind. At the moment it is an Undercover cotton jumper from last season. On the Atelier website the description read "cotton jumber with piping detail". I would like to have it a size smaller, at least. It is tagged size 4.

Is it possible to shrink it and get a decent result? How should I do it? Simply soak it in hot water, and if so - for how long and how hot? Should I do it several times or not, and how should I dry it?

If anyone has any experience or advice, it would be most welcome!

Best regards,

H. With

• HWith
    • May 2007

Re: Shrinking garments - is it possible to get a decent result?

[quote user="merz"]i believe this subject pretains more to the DIY forum, and has possibly been raised there in the past?
    [/quote]

You're right, it's pretty obvious now. I just didn't know that 'DIY' was short for "Do it yourself" - well, now I do. But I couldn't find anything on shrinking there...

Comment

• Seventh
      • Dec 2006

Re: Shrinking garments - is it possible to get a decent result?

Merz, no pressure [75], but I would love to hear about your experiences and knowledge of shrinking garments (I have a couple sweaters that I would like to make smaller...)

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎