Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Department of Just Right: NY Times reviews A.P.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

The Department of Just Right: NY Times reviews A.P.C.

Interesting article...

The Department of Just Right

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: The Department of Just Right: NY Times reviews A.P.C.

His reviews are kinda meh... I liked Alex Kuczhinsky better. This is one of the better reviews, especially at the end. I find the store mildly offputting, and it's precisely their aloof hipster attitude, and a beyond stereotypical hipster look. I never liked A.P.C. just because in New York you can find plenty of alternatives much cheaper. I did like that BAD MTHFCKR wallet they did a few years back - I really wanted to get one for my friend, a big Pulp Fiction fan, but they quickly sold out of it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

I completely understand where you are coming from. I like A.P.C. quite a bit--find it hard to leave without buying something!--but I really feel that they are hyped beyond reason. I think Rag & Bone is a much better men's option for these types basics. The materials and construction are far superior; and the fit is really nice.

I wil try and post the APC look book pics...they are a lot nicer than the website.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I also like Rag & Bone, their stuff is pretty nice. I like their buttons, too :-)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gusgusterson
          • Mar 2007

"The floors of the large room are wide unfinished planks of
          undulating wood, left behind by Julian Schnabel, who worked in this
          space back in the day."

I hadn't heard that! SoHo shops always have the best former tenants.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎