• Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Atelier Video and Karlo Interview

A little video from a french e-zine that I dug up:

http://www.fascineshion.com/atelier.html

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Atelier Video and Karlo Interview

I was thinking to post this a few days ago, but it's so slow to load, I figured I'd spare the SZ crew. Thanks, regardless!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Since its more of a introduction there's not much to munch on for someone already familiar with the boutique. And what I've seen of Karlo was much more knowledgeable than this. "Huh, we like, huh, dark stuff because it, hmm, makes you think".
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Loads slow on your computer Faust? Weird... it worked ok here and there are something like 5 people sharing this internet connection hahaha. May be a fluke.

Fuuma's right. It's more of an intro film. Funny how they can extend the video and make the 4 rack store look pretty big hahaha.

.... Karlo does look indeed a bit like a deer caught in headlights for that interview. He looks so much better with his glasses on!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

haha the two times i've been to A, i've only heard Karlo's voice from behind that curtain.

Comment

• Anonymous
            • Sep 2006

unbelievable.....

Comment

• poshpol
              • Aug 2007

sounds like someone needs to borrow my chilldo

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

uh... no one was talking shit about karlo...

Comment

• LanceP
                  • Oct 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]uh... no one was talking shit about karlo...
                  [/quote]

Yeah, I don't see this anywhere in the posts above either. I fully respect and applaud Karlo for what he does and being able to stay on top of this incredibly difficult industry. From my experiences of shopping at A, he appears to be a very nice and personable person. My best goes out to Karlo and the rest of the Atelier crew.

On a side note, does anyone else find the music in that video interview terribly annoying?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

it's funny how the whole layout of the french website and the music as well clash with Atelier's entire concept.

I quite like the mens.style.com's store interviews and productions. Way more professionally executed.

Comment

• justine
                      • Jan 2007

Funny line about the store concept: "... ... ... and also ... dark" .... hahaha ...

smartest line: "we buy what we think our clients will like".

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

[quote user="justine"]

Funny line about the store concept: "... ... ... and also ... dark" .... hahaha ...

[/quote]

translation: we are in the process of creating a gift/credit card microchip surveillance unit to be inserted into each item of clothing and/or bicep/loose skin flap. not only will it create a direct link to the clothing habits of buyer/wearer enabling us to further our abilities in pursuant to the stated objective, it will, as others have feared on SZ, foster a direct payment line to Atelier to any item, triggered randomly by any pleasurable photo or thought about an item. in other words, if you see something you like, you have already bought it. this initiative, Sugarglider, has been masked under the recent decoy about moving locations....many bothans died to bring us this information.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

I submit myself willingly to Big Brother Atelier led by those men behind the curtains... Karlo , JoJo, Satoru, and Constantin.

Behold. A new world order.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

they've brainwashed me too. "MUST SPEND A LOT OF MONEY AT ATELIERRRRRRRRRR"
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="justine"]

[/quote]

translation: we are in the process of creating a gift/credit card microchip surveillance unit to be inserted into each item of clothing and/or bicep/loose skin flap. not only will it create a direct link to the clothing habits of buyer/wearer enabling us to further our abilities in pursuant to the stated objective, it will, as others have feared on SZ, foster a direct payment line to Atelier to any item, triggered randomly by any pleasurable photo or thought about an item. in other words, if you see something you like, you have already bought it. this initiative, Sugarglider, has been masked under the recent decoy about moving locations....many bothans died to bring us this information.

[/quote]

All true. And this just in...Atelier has moved forward yet again in their plans. Word is they have already implemented nano-mechanical micro-robotic technology that has shown in preliminary studies to be an effective tool in altering the cognitive processes of its subjects. Not only does it monitor your clothing/spending habits, it modifies it (case in point, ddohnggo). Apparently introduced into the bloodstream by way of some trans-dermal delivery system that has been worked into interior fabric surfaces of their higher priced items. Evidence of this has been found in several pieces of the '07 CCP collections. Yes, many have died to bring us this information and we honor them by sharing their voice.

Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎