X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electric_alyce
    • Mar 2008

Annhagen

Danish designer, lots of draping, grays and blacks. Studied under Westwood which kind of, and kind of not shows. Not shure what more to say, you should rather look for yourself ;)

Smile! It's the apocalypse
  • HWith
    • May 2007

Re: Ann Hagen

This is actually one of my favorite collections when it comes to Annhagen. Earlier seasons were over done. Too many straps and gimmicks, this is more simple and clean. But where was this show? It was better than the one at Copenhagen Fashion Week, imo. The prices of Annhagen has been increasing steadily though, and are now so high that they're often on par with Demeulemeester, RO etc. Most stores here in Copenhagen have stopped carrying the label. I didn't really get a closer look at the pieces at the show room, so I don't really know if the clothes are worth the prices. The quality of earlier seasons was great though.

Comment

• Joe
      • Jun 2007

Previous annhagen was just tomuch for me (like hwith said - to many gimmicks). This looks much better, and I would really consider buying. Just think it's sad that they could not keep the prices down.

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

This is definitely interesting; I do agree however that it looks a little overdone. Like, draping, gathering, and stacking....everywhere!
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

It does look a bit overwrought. Maybe it's the styling, because I like the womens more than mens. I don't think the stylist did a good job combining formal elements (suit) with more casual elements (boots, draping tops, etc.) - the results are a bit boxy.

Thank you for posting, Alyce - definitely appreciate new and interesting info. [Y]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Brother Stasi
            • Feb 2008

I was curious if anyone knows what the label name Annhagen means or is in refference to since the actual designer's name, Dianna Opsund Bay, seems to have no corrilation...

Anyways...If you look at the off-runway photos the clothing seems, imo, to always look infinitely better. Like everyone else said; something about their show styling always just throws me off... In addition to just being sooo much design in ever look the show looks always just come out a little too costumy for my taste; with this season having gold triangles painted on foreheads to mimic the figurehead of Nordic Ships... or the Rubberized hair from last season showing the painful Faberge egg influence... or the even more painful 'hair tied under the chin' - 'goth' look from last f/w... but the clothing itself always seems beautiful after I am able to ignore the theatrics...

They used to have the s/s07 and a/w 06 collections up on rendez-vous-paris.com but apparently they no longer are represented by that showroom. Anyways, if anyone would like to see those collections I can put them up later...

As for pricing; it doesn't sound THAT bad from what I heard on other forums (but then again the only posts I found with pricing are a bit outdated...)
            "light pieces" - shirts, jumpers etc. : from $200

"medium pieces" - heavy knits etc. : from $370

"heavy pieces" - leather jackets, jackets etc. : $500-700 for most Jackets and $1000 for the leather pieces....

and pants running for around $300

HWith, if you have some more up to date pricing I would LOVE to hear it... and if you know of any places that even carry it I would be extremely interested. I sent one of my Danish friends out on shopping mission in Copenhagen for me, but she had no success in even finding stores that had it in stock...

Comment

• HWith
              • May 2007

[quote user="Brother Stasi"]

I was curious if anyone knows what the label name Annhagen means or is in refference to since the actual designer's name, Dianna Opsund Bay, seems to have no corrilation...

Anyways...If you look at the off-runway photos the clothing seems, imo, to always look infinitely better. Like everyone else said; something about their show styling always just throws me off... In addition to just being sooo much design in ever look the show looks always just come out a little too costumy for my taste; with this season having gold triangles painted on foreheads to mimic the figurehead of Nordic Ships... or the Rubberized hair from last season showing the painful Faberge egg influence... or the even more painful 'hair tied under the chin' - 'goth' look from last f/w... but the clothing itself always seems beautiful after I am able to ignore the theatrics...

They used to have the s/s07 and a/w 06 collections up on rendez-vous-paris.com but apparently they no longer are represented by that showroom. Anyways, if anyone would like to see those collections I can put them up later...

As for pricing; it doesn't sound THAT bad from what I heard on other forums (but then again the only posts I found with pricing are a bit outdated...)
              "heavy pieces" - leather jackets, jackets etc. : $500-700 for most Jackets and $1000 for the leather pieces....

HWith, if you have some more up to date pricing I would LOVE to hear it... and if you know of any places that even carry it I would be extremely interested. I sent one of my Danish friends out on shopping mission in Copenhagen for me, but she had no success in even finding stores that had it in stock...

[/quote]

When Diana Opsund Bay worked at Vivienne Westwood, the Dame found the name Diana too much of a princess's name (guess why), so everyone started calling her Ann instead. Mrs. Bay is from Copenhagen (CopenHAGEN). Hence Annhagen. In one word. Like that. Not Ann Hagen og AnnHagen or anything - just Annhagen :) (people tend to write Ann Hagen or AnnHagen and stuff like that).

Pants are DKK 2,300 if I recall correctly. Which is about $500.

Really light pieces are $200, but I'd say shirts and stuff like that is $300+

Dunno really about knits and stuff.

Jackets/coats (not leather) are DKK10,000+, which is $2,000+.

I don't know about leather pieces. The F/W08 fur coat will retail at about $30,000 (no - that's not a typo).

As I wrote previously, most stores stopped carrying the brand or considering to do so, due to the increased pricing. The ones that have it left are A'Pair, &Pagne and 1206. There's also a store called NAG that used to carry Annhagen but didn't buy F/W08 (but I think there's still plenty of S/S 08 left). If you want I can do some proxy work for you. :)

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

Very interesting, thanks for posting, guys!

Here's a photo of the designer from the website.

HWith, thanks for the price points. Do you have many pieces?

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• HWith
                  • May 2007

She is actually quite beautiful and well dressed, yes.

I've had 3 pieces myself, but sold them a long time ago. They weren't really me after all. I know Annhagen clothes pretty well though, as I've got two friends who are quite obsessed with the brand, and also I know the guys at NAG (a store in CPH) pretty well. NAG is one of the few stores that has carried Annhagen for men the last few seasons.

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

The womenswear is intriguingly good. Enjoying the mixture of the sharp tailoring with the draped elegance. The color palette is just my thing, too.

The fabrics look good from the pictures, I must say. Hrm, but with those kind of price points (2K+ for a jacket), you'd definitely have to see it in person. Interesting, nonetheless!

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• HWith
                      • May 2007

[quote user="Avantster"]

The womenswear is intriguingly good. Enjoying the mixture of the sharp tailoring with the draped elegance. The color palette is just my thing, too.

The fabrics look good from the pictures, I must say. Hrm, but with those kind of price points (2K+ for a jacket), you'd definitely have to see it in person. Interesting, nonetheless!

[/quote]

Maybe some of the jackets are cheaper. I'll check it out next some time soon.

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

[quote user="HWith"][quote user="Avantster"]

[/quote]

Maybe some of the jackets are cheaper. I'll check it out next some time soon.

[/quote]

I enjoy many of the pieces. I like the women's more than the men's collection. I would have to agree with Faust that with the men's maybe it is the styling. I see some men's pieces that I really enjoy, but could see them paired with other elements. I enjoy the contrasting strong lines with the draping of the women's looks. Some of the looks are not quite my aesthetic, too busy visually, something with how it is layered that I am at odds with. But there are pieces of almost each look that I could see as nice additions to my wardrobe, depending on the fabrics. But agreed, with those prices you would have to see the pieces in person.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Joe
                          • Jun 2007

Damn just visited copenhagen last week but couldn't find any of the clothes to check prices. Where is 1206 located (and don't they make some weird printed t-shirts also?) Hwith?.

If anyone is interested, there are from time to time some annhagen pieces on the danish auctionsite trendsales.dk (you can ofc. just pm. and I will try to check itout - not loads but some interestin pieces once in a while)

Some nice pants - http://trendsales.dk/main.asp?site=v...0DESC&status=1

brand new, sz. small (retail about 500$) she wants like 150-200$

Comment

• baizilla
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Brother Stasi"]

[/quote]

You can't really count on those prices anymore. Those were the average when her clothes first hit the stores in Copenhagen, but now a couple of years later, the prices - as HWith pointed out - have increased.

Comment

• baizilla
                              • Sep 2006

Oh, btw. There is a store in Antwerp that carries Annhagen : www.sien-antwerp.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎