• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • horsetheband
    • Jul 2008

Macs new Concept

Not sure where to put this but wanted to share.</p>

</p>

it's the concept for the new Mac, although they say it's not technologically realistic for serveral years. I want one already

</p>

</p>

Here;
    </p>
    http://www.gizmowatch.com/entry/eye-...-imac-concept/
  • sharkweek
    • Apr 2008

Re: Macs new Concept

It doesn't look like the Apple design team had anything to do with this and I don't know why anyone would want to see through their computer and type on a cut-to-size Dr. Scholl's insole.

It would be interesting technology to see I'm sure, but I'm also sure there are much more elegant and tasteful ways to apply it.

Comment

• horsetheband
      • Jul 2008

There's a whole bunch of things wrong with the design, the keyboard would cripple you, the mouse is far too over complecated, and the speakers are useless to say the least.</p>

But I still think it's a great concept.</p>

I think the screen would mabye turn that opaque when it's left idle and then off after a fixed time.</p>

I've seen some work with 2d holographics before but looked awful so this could be a little closer to reality than it looks.
      </p>

Comment

• TypicalFashion
        • Mar 2007

horse the band (band) = terrible. thanks for sharing this though

Comment

• horsetheband
          • Jul 2008

[quote user="TypicalFashion"]horse the band (band) = terrible. thanks for sharing this though
          [/quote] </p>

</p>

There's a small part of you that loves the band though.
          </p>

Comment

• Hewmiri
            • Feb 2007

this is almost 2 years old... and a rumor.

Comment

• TypicalFashion
              • Mar 2007

[quote user="horsetheband"]

[quote user="TypicalFashion"]horse the band (band) = terrible. thanks for sharing this though
              [/quote] </p>

</p>

There's a small part of you that loves the band though.
              </p>[/quote]

cutsman.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

Time to up the ante.

Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• whitney
                  • Dec 2009

i've been using apples since floppy disks were actually floppy and that is one of the dumbest things they've put out

guy texts me today, what do i think about the ipad..i thought it was a typo for ipod. ipad is a horrible name..but it looks like an oversized ipod.

i do have to say i'm not surprised that it lacks so much (multi-tasking, an actual os like leopard) because its the first one and apple has a habit of stringing us suckers (me) along. adding a little every year/couple of months.. but still

this is like something they just crapped out of their pants and because its apple they expect it to have awesome sales

probably won't do so bad either (sales wise)
                  you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• fenrost
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by whitney View Post
                    i've been using apples since floppy disks were actually floppy and that is one of the dumbest things they've put out

guy texts me today, what do i think about the ipad..i thought it was a typo for ipod. ipad is a horrible name..but it looks like an oversized ipod.

i do have to say i'm not surprised that it lacks so much (multi-tasking, an actual os like leopard) because its the first one and apple has a habit of stringing us suckers (me) along. adding a little every year/couple of months.. but still

this is like something they just crapped out of their pants and because its apple they expect it to have awesome sales

probably won't do so bad either (sales wise)
                    There's a sudden rise in the market for ebooks.. it's inevitable.

Comment

• whitney
                      • Dec 2009

i am stubborn and still prefer to read paper books.

but i can see your point.
                      you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• reborn
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by whitney View Post
                        it's better than maxi-pad

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                          • Jan 2007

I don't get this at all. Who is it for? Everybody already has a laptop and a phone. You can't carry it around without a bag, and at that point you might as well take a laptop with you that can actually do stuff.

It can't multitask at all. No two apps can run at the same time. Messaging while browsing the internet? Nope. A pdf and the essay you're working on side by side? Nope.

Onscreen keyboards will never compete with real keyboards, and Apple admitted this by releasing the keyboard attachment which is very un-Apple. It doesn't have a video camera so you can't skype on it which is one of the things it might actually have been good at.

It needs a freaking adapter just to have USB. I thought the lack of connections on the Macbook Air was bad, but this thing is hilarious.

The book store is great, but I think ebooks are something companies are pretending we need even though nobody actually needs them. The Kindle is the best selling ebook reader and it's sold 2 million units or something shameful like that. A novelty at best.

Watching videos on it is nice, but at home I'd rather watch them on my TV or my laptop since both have larger screens. I can see that it might be nice on a plane or something, but who flies enough to warrant a $500+ airplane entertainment system? Also, so far my laptop has server my just fine on planes (even in sardine class), and more airlines are starting to put normal power adapters in their seats so you can charge your laptop.

Smartphones are the future (and present) because everybody needs to carry a phone anyway and having a phone that can do email/light web browsing/play music/whatever is nice.

I love Apple and use their products all the time (even though I prefer my BlackBerry over the iPhone), but this thing is just stupid and pointless.

Jonathan Ive was drinking scotch before the keynote. I'm guessing that getting tanked was the only way he could get on stage and speak optimistically about this thing.

This might be a good product in a few years when Apple have worked out what people might actually want to use it for. I doubt it though. In the meantime, I'll be saving up for my next Macbook Pro.
                          Originally posted by jogu
                          i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Alesha
                            • Apr 2009

iCried.

For lovers of handicapped usability.
                            Originally posted by interest1
                            I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• DRRRK
                              • Aug 2009

ProfMonnitoff, psssst! I agree with everything, but don't tell anybody! People can't wait to be fooled and follow the hype.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎