X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stack
    • Jan 2008

Okay, I have to fly in 6 weeks ...

And i'm scared as hell. It's not my first flight, I've flown all of my life and most flights were quite lengthy (6-9 hours) and I was relaxed, calm and pretty drunk. But for some reason, I've just been hit with this sudden fear, which I think stems from a very traumatic train journey that consisted of me being extremely hungover, dehydrated, hot, nauseous and when you mix that in with a train so packed that no-one could move and that I had to endure that for over an hour, I have been very weary of being trapped ever since. </p>

I'm not overly keen on the idea of seeking medication for this as I don't want to become dependent, or make it a regular habit, so Im relying on Jim Beam to get me through it, but does anyone have any calming techniques or stories of relaxed flights to re-assure me?</p>

It's an 8 hour flight to Mexico, thankfully I'll have my fiance with me so it'll be comforting to have the most important person in the world sat next to me the whole time, but really I want to overcome this and not be bothered at all by it. </p>
    once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Okay, I have to fly in 6 weeks ...

VALIUM
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

Nyquil does wonders for me. Someone told me this and it seemed to help me a little bit:</p>

Remember the pilot does not want to die either, so they are going to try their hardest to get you there as safely as possible.</p>

</p>

I though to myself unless the pilot is totally crazy and has a death wish, then i am completely fucked. but i seem to fly a little better these days. and it is summer so there is less bad weather around here.</p>

</p>
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• XSKY
        • Jun 2008

[quote user="Stack"]

Im relying on Jim Beam to get me through it</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

+Go with Sailor Jerry, the cinnamon taste is much more delightful!!!
        </p>
        Originally posted by Faust
        snafu, you are such a kunktease.

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

I'd avoid excessive drinking as it is what got you into this mess in the first place. A couple of drinks, plenty of water, the overhead fan and your fiance make for a golden experience. And I know you want to avoid prescription meds, but I'll say that Valium would be great. [66] I don't condone the recreational use of drugs, but this doesn't qualify. So I say pop one and enjoy the flight!
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• awlouie
              • Sep 2007

Joey...When did they start allowing smoking on the airplanes? [&lt;:o)] [86]</P>

Dave is right, moderatedrinking is okay butwill dehydrate you especially on an airplane. Even an over the counter sleeping pillshould do the job! Statistics say that flying is safer than driving a car...relax, don't worry!</P>
              "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
              -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Real Real
                • Feb 2007

Drinking a lot of hard liquor might be the worst thing that you can do.

Being on an airplane exacerbates the dehydrating effects of alcohol. If you drink too much and then fall asleep, there is a reasonable chance that you will wake up a couple of hours with the absolute worst turbo-powered hangover you've ever had - head pounding, room spinning, cold sweats - it's awful. If you're already a little freaked out, you do not want to risk this.

Get an ambien, and yeah, just remind yourself that airplane travelling is much safer than driving.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

yeah its the safest form of travel, but it makes no sense to me how its possible. in college i went through a spell like your in. now my biggest fear is being stuck on the runway at jfk for six hours. now thats scary as hell.
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                    • Jan 2008

I normally don't sleep before I have to fly out, mostly because I'm always up packing etc., so when it comes to the actually flight, I'll be so tired that I'll pass out as soon as I hit the seat. It works every time. This is not a concious act, it normally just works out like this ...</p>

Maybe cars should have labels like we see on cigarette packs ...</p>

"Driving Kills"
                    </p>

</p>
                    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Prozac or valiums my friend.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

i love that joke ^

Comment

• Stack
                          • Jan 2008

cheers for the replies folks, i upgraded our seats this morning, so i'm in a much more spacious cabin with a 15 or so movie channels so i'm not forced to watch "meet dave" or some shit, so that should keep me occupied for a while - claustrophobia is a fucking ball-ache.</p>

so valium is key? *considers it* </p>
                          once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

you're gonna have to fly for the rest of your life unless your john madden. go see a doctor. get a prescription for something even more hard core if you need to. this is a real problem, one thats not gonna be solved by movie channels.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎