X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

SZ style camera !

Here you have latest pinhole camera by artist, Wayne Martin Belger -- a good boy raised on a steady diet of crucifixion imagery and the scorched-earth wrath of divinity. This work entitled Third Eye, a study of "the beauty of decay," uses precious metals like titanium and silver to expose the memory of time onto film, sheering the 150 year old skull of a 13 year old girl. Sample image posted after the break for those who dare.[Via Make: and Art Diabolique]

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Diego, this has your name on it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

this as well

Didn't see anything that particularly suited your fancy at CEDIA? Then feast your eyes on CEATEC. As the Japan-based trade show hastily approaches, out pops a mind-boggling new home theater package from Panasonic. The system will include one of its marvelous 103-inch plasma HDTVs, a Blu-ray player and at least one set of fancy 3D goggles. Hailed as a world's first in some form or fashion, the Full HD 3D package utilizes an undisclosed format "employed by major Hollywood film studios" to "distribute full HD images of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels to each eye via synchronized shutter glasses." Panny is hoping to promote the technology and possibly get a leg up on Samsung (our assumption) by impressing wealthy homeowners and members of the Blu-ray Disc Association. As expected, there's no mention of a price, but rest assured -- you'll be stuck choosing between this and a new BMW.[Via Impress]
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Diego
        • Aug 2007

interesting. Other SZ cameras:

Digital cinema, Red one

Digital photography, Hasselblad h3d

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Ah, one day I'll get my hands on a vintage Hasselblad.
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

Diego those cameras look like some seriously high tech shit...what would a photo taken by those things look like?
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

The red camera is 4k cinema, here are some clips:
              Last edited by Diego; 09-26-2008, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

jesus that's incredible

(the girl ain't half bad, either)
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Damn the Red camera line is some serious ballerdom.

The skull guy's art is pretty interesting in concept. The piece that I think has the best "story" is the Tibetan skull piece. Very nice idea behind the art piece.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                    Ah, one day I'll get my hands on a vintage Hasselblad.
                    I hear that. I've been dreaming of the day for far too long.
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Diego
                      • Aug 2007

Once we buy the hd3 at the office, we'll sell an imacon 16megapixel digital back and 2 Carl Zeiss lenses, the Hasselblad 500 body will be free for the buyer. I'll post it here when that happens.

Comment

• maldoror
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                        . . . drooooooool . . .

do you have one of these? I'm so fucking jealous.

I just heard they've decided to redesign the epic. that's going to be some true insanity (although the scarlet is the only model I'm likely to ever lay hands on )

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

So I decided to go for a Rolleiflex for now.

It's from circa 1973. I'm going to have lots of fun shooting with this.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• May 2007

Leica

Leica M8 is THE camera... has that feel of the highest quality in terms of build, look and style, relatively compact, top quality prime lenses, and the manual focus becomes second nature very quickly.

I went from a canon set-up, carrying 30 pounds of equipment at one point, to a 2 pound camera with one lens and have never been happier. Most people don't even pay much attention to it on the street, another blessing.

Anyone who is considering a dslr here should pick one up and try it, you'll fall in love. Prices have come down a lot recently with a big $1500 rebate just announced. Still very expensive but you won't regret it.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

damn that shit is hot... love to throw down on a supercompact but solid dslr but for now the canon rebel will have to do.

Do you have any photos taken with your leica that you could post up? Love to see what the bad boy is capable of!
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎