X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahlefeldt
    • May 2008

The Raf Simons watch / towel / keychain / fail

Put all the Raf lameness in here. Hope he comes to his senses.

It's hilarious how low Raf simons is willing to go, but he yet again he fails.

From the looks of the image and “message” you could assume that this is a piece of new art - maybe stencil white on black canvas. The truth is that it is a simple (or not so simple) beach towel from Raf Simons with a very open ended message: “there is a crack in everything that’s how the light gets in”. It’s part of the Raf Simon’s Spring/Summer 2009 Accessories collection.

I’m struggling with having this message on a beach towel, as the only crack I can relate to it, is the finer side of a human laying on it. The price is 125€ (173$US).
    Last edited by Faust; 01-06-2009, 01:50 PM.
  • North
    • Sep 2008

I expect better things from Raf Simons. Why a beach towel. This is so utterly useless and it doesn't add ANYTHING to his brand, if that was the reason to make a fucking beachtowel.
    This is just as bad as the douchebag t-shirts from Dior Homme posted in wtf.

Comment

• BeauIXI
      • Nov 2008

Leonard Cohen as the inspiration for a season is deep. Leonard Cohen on a beach towel is like a kiddie pool. What went wrong?
      Originally posted by philip nod
      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Is that quote, on a towel, unfortunate or very juvenile?
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

[quote=Eternal;113581]If the towel where made of sheer-cotton or cashmere, it would at least be kinda cool. But honestly, does Raf have a lot of fanboys buying everything Raf designs? ( Beside of Suckdick, no offence ;) ) Raf may not have gone mainstream yet, but this is sellout. I used to love raf, and I admire some of his pieces. But this is bullshit! He could as well join KVA on Dior, or he could start designing for Dsquared. What's up with this? Does Raf wants douchbags to wear his designs?[/quote]

Certainly if they'll pay him to. It's obvious that his name integrity is fast going far far out the door.

Items like this are pure cash cows in the industry. MASSIVE profit margins, bottom rung production costs, price-accessible to everyone. This isn't design, wearable art, or even clever... it's a piece of dogshit in cloth form.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Jon
            • Apr 2008

it's like a dagger in my eyes...

mercy kill! mercy kill! mercy kill! etc...
            Originally posted by merz
            perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• nycd
              • Oct 2006

wow - i thought the number (n)ine 'hotel portland' towel was in a class all by itself - guess not.

Comment

• Sombre
                • Jan 2009

Certainly if they'll pay him to. It's obvious that his name integrity is fast going far far out the door.

Items like this are pure cash cows in the industry. MASSIVE profit margins, bottom rung production costs, price-accessible to everyone. This isn't design, wearable art, or even clever... it's a piece of dogshit in cloth form.[/QUOTE]

Aye, there's the rub. Great design and integrity, or total rubbish and MASSIVE profit margins?
                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                  Is that quote, on a towel, unfortunate or very juvenile?
                  It's Leonard Cohen lyrics - need you ask?! Of course one has to listen to the entire song. But, yea, the towel is a fail.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

spots blown
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Jon
                      • Apr 2008

What?! Leonard Cohen lyrics you say??? dibs!
                      perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        It's Leonard Cohen lyrics - need you ask?! Of course one has to listen to the entire song. But, yea, the towel is a fail.
                        Hey, those lyrics will have a lot of meaning when you're brushing the sand out of your shorts
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

I need this to complete my Raf Simons F/W 04 beaching outfit.
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Jon
                            • Apr 2008

'there is a crack in your ass, that's how the sand gets in'

i'm just such a hopeless romantic today!

Comment

• ardeetee
                              • Apr 2007

not that surprising i guess, especially after I saw this at palais royal...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎