X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

New Romeo Gigli line

Looks good to me. I used to scrimp and scrape to buy stuff from his G Gigli line about 15 years ago. Sort fo Marni/(simple) comme/lanvin hybrid I think

• sbw4224
    • Sep 2006

Thanks for posting this, Johnny. I like the hybrid classification you gave it - I can certainly see a lot of influences in these clothes. The blazers and pants in particular look nice and well cut. What were his clothes and fabrics like when you used to buy them?

Comment

• Johnny
      • Sep 2006

The clothes I remember were always sort of jewel coloured - deep burgundy, greens, oranges. That sounds a bit much, but the colours were all muted. He used to have a little shop on South Molton Street which was really beautiful, lanterns everywhere I seem to remember. Pollyanna also used to sell it. His signature piece for menswear was a three button high break suit with narrow trousers.

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

This looks really good, thanks for posting. Nice to see that orange again!
        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎