X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

school work

try and get some photos up tomorrow and keep it updated but a piece im working on or having to finnish beofre new term begins

not finnished i have been lazy since holidays began and not done my inner coat to go with this outer, the inner is going to be cut much wider than the outer but still contained with in it, the only way i can describe it is almost like a curtain pleating effect. the fabric im using is a waterproof woven wool with a felted over layer really really nice and a double silk crepe for inner to ensure enough weight in the fabric to drape and flow compared to the outer.

heres taster dont want to derail collaterals thread

1st twall

2nd twall size to nearer my size but cut shorter than final piece

single piece twisting seam sleeve that begins where the shoulder seams ends, despite being a single piece i did not centre the opening of the sleeve with the top managing to get some form of natural shape and curve to fit the arm in my final garment

just a taster until i actually finnish it i need to rework on some inner parts and refuse some sections or hand sew them, then i will get some fit pics up im pleased with it so far considering its the first thing iv made
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

fits on me

fabric

Last edited by snafu; 04-25-2009, 08:28 AM. Reason: updated

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

again try and get some better pics soon

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

i thought i was some julius piece when i saw the first pic so are you going to hand sew it?
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by snafu View Post
          try and get some photos up tomorrow and keep it updated but a piece im working on or having to finnish beofre new term begins

not finnished i have been lazy since holidays began and not done my inner coat to go with this outer, the inner is going to be cut much wider than the outer but still contained with in it, the only way i can describe it is almost like a curtain pleating effect. the fabric im using is a waterproof woven wool with a felted over layer really really nice and a double silk crepe for inner to ensure enough weight in the fabric to drape and flow compared to the outer.

heres taster dont want to derail collaterals thread

1st twall

2nd twall size to nearer my size but cut shorter than final piece

single piece twisting seam sleeve that begins where the shoulder seams ends, despite being a single piece i did not centre the opening of the sleeve with the top managing to get some form of natural shape and curve to fit the arm in my final garment

just a taster until i actually finnish it i need to rework on some inner parts and refuse some sections or hand sew them, then i will get some fit pics up im pleased with it so far considering its the first thing iv made

looking good dicky boy... ilike how u done the seams...did u roll them ???
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

updated with some quick pics with inner layer of silk

Comment

• SunshineSometime
              • May 2008

Nice work snaf!
              The coat has a nice silhouette.

Unrelated but you look like gareth pugh in your 2nd fit pic

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

thanks nothing too ground breaking just out cut slim and the inner gets cut much much wider from the pit still needs alot of stuff doing to it but i kinda still treat thsi is a toile.

actually i get told i look like him quite often both got chins and floppy hair, but i get told i look like everyone meh

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

looks good snafu, the black coat fit pics in particular. as a couple of points on constructively intended crit., I think the silk would be better if is was just a hint (an inch or so), maybe multi-layered (it looks a bit like you're just wearing a dress under a coat); and the stitching on the white coat looks a bit derivative of the ccp invisiseam idea.

Comment

• larssss
                    • Jun 2008

the fit looks excellent snafu, well done. like you said nothing ground breaking but a clean design that isn't instantly recognizable as a knock off.

interested what you are using for closures?

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

hooks off of an ma piece i have hajust until i find some really nice hook an eye closures i like the ones iv come across so far are pretty lame

johnny i can only take the ccp reference as a compliment ha

Comment

• Aleks
                        • Feb 2009

what school do you go to?

Comment

• marco-von
                          • Feb 2009

looks good , make me one!

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by merz
                            i reckon csm?
                            LCF.

same shit really...snaf beware they dont try and pigeon hole you like most students.They tend to have a fairly similar style that they push onto people...
                            Always be strong in your explanations of your work,answer all the questions before they are asked,that way they let you get on with it as you seem to know what your talking about.
                            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• martin
                              • Jul 2008

Beautiful coat snafu. If you continue your work like this, i would love to buy your garments in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎