X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surver
    • Oct 2007

N4

so, jun hashimoto - formerly of cdiem and wjk - is now the director of the brand N4. obvious (lineage) references to cdiem family... very individual sentiments-y... all these brands are beginning to blur...

www.nfour.jp

sorry have not downloaded any images yet.

also on:
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I see they finally got a website up, nice to see some collection images.

N4 has definately had some really nice stuff, some things are down right recreations of old carpe pieces much in the way of wjk (lab style coats, button ups etc), but there are some interesting garments and most importantly their finish and materials are very nice. I haven't been able to have a close look of the current or previous season, but having examined the ss08 quite closely, I definately liked the feel of everything.

I believe Koichi Watanabe is the head designer alongside Hashimoto, he also worked for wjk prior to N4.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kbi
      • Feb 2009

Isn't this kind of boring? I see that every designer should do what he can do best but seeing the ex-carpe designers opening their own brands and going all along the same lines kind o bothers me. It's like they're castrating themselves to avoid change.

Pls correct me if I've overseen some kind of huge conceptual difference between for instance wjk and n4..

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

well if comparing it to wjk, imo it has had much less of a clear direction. wjk has always been an odd mash up of these cdiem-esque bling povera pieces, military influenced stuff (cargo pants, m-65's) and sort of semi-trashy denim wear (washed jeans, trucker caps, print tees). I might be wrong, but it seemed to me like Hashimoto was taking everything he liked and squeezing it into one label.

N4 has a much more defined style, though as said it is fairly similar to this whole post-carpe phenomenon. I dont know what the mentality behind the label is, but it definately seems to carry on this one aspect of wjk which I suppose makes sense as it has the same people behind it.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kbi
          • Feb 2009

Perhaps I'm just not patient enough and they still need to find their direction. It's just that when I look at the pieces on mindtrive I see a necklace-wallet like Ann dem did it a long time ago, I see the layered sleeve coat like individual sentiments does it, the basic tees remind me of MA+ with the continuing seam along the front, the trousers and their medieval touch remind me again of ma+.. And their website only confirms this. Within the whole photoshoot there's no shot where the clothes speak for themselves, even worse partly pictures are showing clothes blurred in the background whilest a tree branch is in focus.

At least they are really not mixing it up like WJK does but I miss their individuality or at least something new that somehow stands for their brand

Comment

• Honey~Blade
            • Sep 2006

As others have pointed out, N4 isn't anything to get excited about direction wise. Almost seems like a cheaper-price-good-quality-for-what-it's-worth version of the sz approved artisanal brands. It just feels abit like driving a car that knows it's another car with striped down features.

So Jun is no longer with wjk? I thought it was his baby. How about AKM?

Comment

• Apr 2009

SS09 from N4 website

Photobucket
              Photobucket
              Photobucket
              Photobucket
              Photobucket
              Photobucket
              Originally posted by dji
              don't hesitate, just buy.

Comment

• Apr 2009

Originally posted by dji
                don't hesitate, just buy.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

i really like it, not that it is too groundbreaking. But like mike said everything is here for a nice product and who's fits do more justice than this shoot

Comment

• bc3
                    • Jun 2008

their tanks are pretty choice, DJI clued me in on them. only problem is the extremely low cut neckline, but at $65-70 a pop proxied...
                    Originally posted by Maldoror
                    payment owed is the new gift.

paypal: it's personal

Comment

• Who?
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                      N4 has definately had some really nice stuff, some things are down right recreations of old carpe pieces much in the way of wjk (lab style coats, button ups etc), but there are some interesting garments and most importantly their finish and materials are very nice.
                      I absolutely agree. After comparing my dress shirt from fw08 it is identical in construction to a cdiem dress shirt, with the addition of 2 darts. I have owned a few select items from N4 because the full aesthetic is not one that I would wear but what I do own I am impressed with, the fit is impeccable and the materials are nice, but not on par with materials like cdiems 12ply cashmere. Every other recent off shoot has been disappointing with obscene prices. N4 is more palatable. Their most expensive item in fw08 was a calf leather jacket at 115,000 yen and it was gorgeous. Basics are priced where they should be, around 5000 to 12000 yen for blends of cotton, silk, cashmere, yet these are still interestingly designed an example of this is a full silk tee made with a folded construction. I am not 100% on this but I think N4 started as a wjk side project. I only suspect this because I owned a shirt from fw07 and the tag read n4 by wjk.
                      WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• eat me
                        • May 2009

Can you buy N4 anywhere in London? The prices look like a steal. Shame the designs look like a rip-off.

Comment

• midnight
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by bc3 View Post
                          their tanks are pretty choice, DJI clued me in on them. only problem is the extremely low cut neckline, but at $65-70 a pop proxied...
                          Are the necklines really that low cut? I was thinking about ordering a couple but this worries me. Were you wearing an n4 tank in your most recent waywt, bc3?

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

the neckline is more wide then it is low, couple that with the thin straps and they start to look a bit too much like a bra in my eyes...

Comment

• bc3
                              • Jun 2008

^yeah midnight, it was n4 tank

ive gotten used to it though and have come to really enjoy the cut and item as a whole, though it is definitely nice to have some with wider/tighter/whatever variation

Looks like the sleeveless T has a tighter neck-cut
                              Originally posted by Maldoror
                              payment owed is the new gift.

paypal: it's personal

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍