X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

Jean Pierre Braganza

Braganza maintains a design philosophy based on his obsession with the human form. He mixes intelligently cut patterns that skin the body with ornate and often unexpected detailing to create unique garments that are beyond trends. The complex and the functional are unified in inimitable silhouettes due to the devil in the details.
    Jean-Pierre Braganza is currently also currently stealing the limelight as Karl Lagerfeld's protégé.

Totempyrean aw 09

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 04-21-2009, 06:15 AM.
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

Hadronexus SS 09

merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
      • Mar 2009

Chromacolyte aw 08

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

Convincementavia ss08

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

here is a quick video

and a pic of the man himself

Photobucket

Comment

• Wiggles
            • Sep 2008

Great design to my eye, really loving it. It's reminding me a lot of Gareth Pugh, really the shapes he creates regarding the silhouettes... Love this look here:

Seeing all these models and the styling (which is also good I'd say, although at times it looks kind of repetitive and very reminiscent of other shows/brands and how they have styled... but that's inevitable, no?) makes me want to get my hair cut again.... Hmm...
            And great mustache haha

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

dont think I've even heard of him.. nice looking stuff, some of the geometric pieces look sick.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

no doubt,he has some killer pieces for men,such as his knits and slim drop crotch trousers.Although some of his tailored jackets are a bit extreme,really padded shoulders,almost cartoonish proportions a la johnny bravo!
                here is a bit of back ground info on him

Born in London to an Irish mother and an Asian father, Jean Pierre Braganza moved to Canada as an infant. His studies began at Canada’s foremost fashion college before moving to London with Central St Martin’s College in his sights. He was accepted into the second year of the Womenswear programme under special circumstances due to his advanced skill. He excelled, winning the Colin Barnes award for illustration in his final year and receiving a First in the main area of study.

During college he worked with Robert Carey Williams, where he learned about the art of chaos and the skills and enthusiasm for working with leather. After graduation, he began to work with Roland Mouret where he honed his tailoring skills and learned an appreciation for detail. A capsule collection was presented in Milan in 2003.
                Jean-Pierre Braganza is currently also currently stealing the limelight as Karl Lagerfeld's protégé. Lagerfeld was invited, along with other design heavy weights, by the Australian Wool Innovation to select a designer each to experiment with the finest Australian Merino wool yarns and fabrics to create a capsule collection as part of The Protégé Project - and their efforts made their catwalk debut before their mentors in Florence.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

I have been followuing his work for quite a while now, maybe about three years or so. He is one of the best designers working in London. have a specific style and seems to have very good cutting skills for the type of clothing he tries to create. In my opinion he is way better than many of the overhyped names coming out of London,

Also i think he was just here in NY about a week or two ago with a few other upcoming london designers. Refinery 29 hand some kind of hosting/ meet and greet event for them.
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• gerry
                    • Feb 2008

His stuff always looks good on the runway but I find the majority of his clothing to fit incredibly awkwardly. I've tried on a couple of his more structured jackets and quite frankly they are painful to put on and wear. It's like they fit the bare minimum requirement for what clothing is.

Comment

• jcotteri
                      • Jun 2008

womenswear is great.. mens.. hmmm
                      WTB: This

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                        womenswear is great.. mens.. hmmm
                        i dont think you read what i wrote properly.
                        In the menswear imo the best pieces are the knits and trousers.
                        Unless you have actually tried them on or handled the menswear pieces. Its a bit hard to judge,is it not?

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

it must be just as hard to judge that some of it's good too then?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                            • Mar 2009

very good point,but that would apply to each and every designer that you only see catwalk images of ,would it not?
                            What i meant was that some of the menswear and the way it has been styled,does not let you see the garment properly or in proper detail.
                            From the menswear i have seen and handled,his quality is very good and the fits are spot on.
                            Except for some of his tailored jackets,(which i have mentioned before) if you have broad shoulders(such as myself) you tend to look ridiculous due to the excessive padding...for example
                            Photobucket

silhouette could work,but imo it is too extreme

Comment

• mrcs
                              • Oct 2009

I have a pair of his mens wool trousers, with the leather inseam pockets, low crotch. Almost fit like jodhpurs but they feel great on, wasn't sure at first but have come to love. His womenswear is just insatiable but there are a few designers just not getting the recognition they deserve. Alexander Koutny would also come into that category & is quite similar in aesthetic to Jean-Pierre. There's a really cool leather jacket for the guys in S/S 10...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎