• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pipcleo
    • Jan 2007

Dirk Schonberger

dirk shonberger
    got a few bits hanging by the good dirk
    gobbled up by demeulmeester or was that just rumor ?
  • orphée
    • Apr 2008

I believe you are right.
    If you happen upon anything made by him, that's a real find.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Searched and surprised we don't have a dedicated thread to him. I could've sworn we had one. This might as well be it.

I too have several wonderful pieces from him, pip. And you are right, he was bought by Ann Chapelle, which turned out to be a bad investment. I know that stores always had trouble with late deliveries, etc. He now designs for Joop, for better or worse.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• orphée
        • Apr 2008

^^Are the pieces you own in lush colours? The ones I do or have owned were so. Definitely not the black/grey scheme. Just wondering whether colour played so much of a role in his aesthetic or whether I just happened to find some of his one-off colour pieces (burgundy and blue striped trousers/acid green and white thick rollneck knit)

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Indeed, Orphee, I think you got some flukes there, lol. I certainly own nothing of the kind - there is color, but earthy tones, browns, olives, washed out blues...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• orphée
            • Apr 2008

Come to think of it, I did have a nice earthy toned short-sleeved knit. I wore it so often it almost became commonplace....perhaps the sign of a good design and fabric as it loses all the trappings of a designer's name. Actually, apart from the acid green and white knit (which I must admit was nice to wear under a heavy coat with the thick rollneck peeping out) the striped trousers are quite elegant -- certainly not garish. The material is fine as well.

Comment

• kompressorkev
              • Dec 2006

i remember seeing a bunch of pieces at the Archive before. from what i saw, the color palette was pretty austere. they had such an awesome lineup back then, Dirk Schonberger, Cloak, Ann Dem, Icho, Kiminori Morishita, Volga Volga, Jan & Carlos, Gustavolins, Isaac Sellam, Un Solo Mondo, etc. their current selection is quite nice as well.

Comment

• orphée
                • Apr 2008

Funny how one can get thrown off by looking at the few pieces that one owns or happened to see in shops -- well at least in my case. The colour of the pieces I own notwithstanding, I must say the materials are top notch.

Kev: yes, the Archive has an impressive line-up, even today, even though some of my favourites are under-represented.

On a side note, a few Schonberger pieces have been popping up on ebay recently...kind of makes me wonder whether they are legit (or maybe they've been unearthed from somewhere only now to see the light of day)

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎