X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ohrstrom
    • Nov 2008

Final Project, year one.

We where given the assignment of making a jacket of any sort. I therefore chose to take use of my newly developed tailoring skills and, at the same time, make a jacket a little bit more interesting than a blazer.

This piece might look simple on the pics, but it consists of many many pieces and added darts etc. I also have it fully canvased, cut on a bias, horsehair included in the shoulderpads and handmade sleeverolls.

I call this piece "the dogcollar project".

Also this is the first time I do outerwear and with tailoring techniques all by myself.

Closed with heavy metal snaps.

I find the fold/natural drape of the collar quite interesting here.

Im also planning on finalizing this project by making it in leather for a autumn piece or a black linnen/cotton mix for spring.
    Would leather be to heavy?

/e
  • eat me
    • May 2009

Fits good on you. Leather could be funny around the collar, unless you'll spend some money and get some good soft one. I also I feel that the sleeves are a tiny bit too wide and not matching the fit of the body.

Comment

• Mar 2009

I agree with eat me about the wideness of the sleeves. They look kind of disproportionated.
      On the other side, it could be great in leather. What type of leather do you want to use for this jacket?

Comment

• Ohrstrom
        • Nov 2008

Yes, i agree now! The wideness of the sleevs is taken from a classic blazer... Thanks for that, i guess when you look at a garment for so long you get a bit lost. I think the wideness of the sleeves looks better when the jacket is open, but or sure I will make them more tapered. Hopefully i can complete is soon.

The Leather i will choose is probably going to be a thin cow leather, depending on what i find..

Treatment is also something ive been looking at. At this moment I do not have much knowledge in that, but definitly going try to wash a piece of the same leatehr to se how it looks.

Anyone have any ideas on how to treat leather? Dye, wash etc?

Comment

• Vanna
          • May 2008

In the second picture, it looks like you're sticking your head through a toilet.

All kidding aside, it looks promising. I'm trying to envision it in leather, and think that that will surely elevate it to another level. Good work!
          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

I agree on the width of the sleeves. I do think the collar looks too big and wide though. I'd rather see it more funnellike, and less standing. If it was in a softer fabric and collapsed a bit it wouldn't stand as akward.

Comment

• architextures
              • Apr 2009

i really like this; it could do with some refinement at the sleeves (tapering and slimming out altogether, as has been said already), but it's a really awesome concept. i'd wear this

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎