X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clay
    • Sep 2006

A FEW PIECES...

Ok guys, I made a few pieces recently, gotta take some photos and post tom. Looking at everyones stuff inspired me to show at least two pieces. Hold tight till tom! Sorta happy with the looks. The construction can be better ( have not really sewn for almost 20 years). But I still have a some skillz....
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

(tapping fingers)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Schadenfreude
      • Jan 2008

i dont understand why people do the "warning" post, why not just wait until you have everything together?

either way, looking forward to seeing what you can do.
      Originally posted by ddohnggo
      fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• clay
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Schadenfreude View Post
        i dont understand why people do the "warning" post, why not just wait until you have everything together?

either way, looking forward to seeing what you can do.

You are right, sorry! I am not actually ready to show yet. Still working on stuff and just not sure what I want to share yet. However, I have been too busy to explain to you guys. Next time I'll just do it all without the tease.

Again sorry guys!!!! I actually know better.

Comment

• clay
          • Sep 2006

Faust I could not delete the entire post, could you do that or at least tell me what I need to to do?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

why do you want to delete? the pieces aren't ready? you want me to delete this whole thread?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

I met with a mutual friend last night and she told me she saw some of his stuff in person and they are quite nice..............
              Clay, no one is especting you to do an Ad Campaign type thingie before you show the pieces,
              this is the DIY section, so amatuer type pics are fine, I myself posted here because the stuff I made were not for my collection, but just for personal enjoyment/ vacation.
              I am looking foward to seeing the stuff.............
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• clay
                • Sep 2006

Ok then. I'll post but my camera is with a friend. I will get to it this week!!!

Thanks Zamb!

Comment

• clay
                  • Sep 2006

I can't seem to post any photos here. What am I doing wrong? Also the "posting Rules" say I cant add images????

Comment

• Laconic
                    • Apr 2009

Clay, you have to upload the images to photobucket (or another site like that), and then copy the image code into a post here. SZ won't host the photos itself.

Comment

• clay
                      • Sep 2006

I guess this is it. The shoulder on the shirt is a little funky, but so what....

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                      Last edited by clay; 07-22-2009, 07:57 PM. Reason: updated info

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Clay,
                        the stuff doesnt look bad at all, I tried posting the images for you but it doesnt aseem to work..........
                        Last edited by zamb; 07-22-2009, 10:01 PM.
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Laconic
                          • Apr 2009

Clay, I hope you don't mind me posting these for you. If you do I can take them off.

Cardigan (Dbl face cotton/spandex jersey( heavy) with cut away extended front) :

Long linen shirt with raw hem and sleeve. Also eyelet/stud closure:

Coat (Dbl face cotton sateen, built up mock neck, hidden snaps, patch pockets and center back vent):

Comment

• clay
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by duncan_
                            Linen shirt looks great, what sort of button are they clay?I like them alot.
                            Duncan, basically they are the studs that you screw in. I had the embroiderer make thread eyelets for the closure.

Laconic, no problem with the photos. Its funny seeing them all big like that.

So its a beginning. I love the coat and shirt. I wear the cardi all the time. I made that last October/November. Yeah you can see some references of the people we love on this site, but no surprise there.
                            The sewing is getting much better. I'm working on another linen shirt now and just got the eyelets embroidered today. The workmanship is improving. * I don't know what up with the shoulder on the shirt, looks like it got stretched. I tried it on a friend it looks the same. So I just remade the pattern. I also made a pattern last night for a stand collar shirt also. Will post more next week. I'm actually enjoying sewing, well almost anyway.
                            Last edited by clay; 07-24-2009, 08:41 PM. Reason: missed names

Comment

• clay
                              • Sep 2006

Thanks Zamb! Like I said, I'm getting back into the groove. Just hard to commit to what to make once you realize you can make more than you thought. Shirts and jackets I like so I plan to do more of those. Simple with a few details, some almost no detail at all. But The fabrics are the fabrics I really like and have collected for years.Fabrics are key with this stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎