X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

Lost & Found, by Ria Dunn

An emerging womenswear and menswear designer, designed and made in Tuscany. Lost&Found is a very young label, yet it has garnered some attention from some nice boutiques since its inception with the Autumn-Winter 2008-2009 collection.

Its apparent focus is handmade, relaxed, airy, organic garments - mainly womenswear for now. Some beautiful knitwear, featuring hand-crocheted seams. She uses noble fibers. Beautiful, very, very expensive, even luxurious in a different sense. The design studio is located in an old textile mill in the Tuscan countryside. I think it would pair nicely with Golem, Forme D'Expression, Chatav Ectabit, Label Under Construction, maybe Marc Le Bihan.

I couldn't find too many photos, but some of the pieces i've seen in person were impressive. Nice long knit cardigans and coats. The few women's pictures that i can post are more for mood, as you can't see the clothing too much. I know it's very hard to see the clothes, so i don't mean for this post to be representative of her work.

But, i have an indication that its menswear should be picking up soon, so it's something to look out for in the near future. I think it's going to be very nice.

Last edited by kompressorkev; 07-30-2009, 01:19 AM.
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

This makes me think about how far ahead of the times some Belgian designers were in the late 90s early 00s and how they are all out of business now because they public wasn't ready for them :-(
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I've seen some of her womens pieces at L'eclaireur and it was all pretty awesome. also, she is quite captivating herself, so to say

some images I have saved:

fw 09

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

ss09

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• kompressorkev
          • Dec 2006

merz: sure thing! i'm looking forward to more.

faust: agreed. this board has introduced me to so many Belgian talents that i never knew existed. anyone in particular comes to mind when you mention that in comparison to Lost&Found?

mike: yes, definitely beautiful. nice pics!
          Last edited by kompressorkev; 07-30-2009, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

[quote=mike lowrey;166441]I' also, she is quite captivating herself, so to say

So is the designer modelling her own line ? If so agreed!
            ICannot see much of the clothes but love the silhouettes and cannot wait to see more

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

no thats a model, this is her at a showroom:

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
                merz: sure thing! i'm looking forward to more.

faust: agreed. this board has introduced me to so many Belgian talents that i never knew existed. anyone in particular comes to mind when you mention that in comparison to Lost&Found?

mike: yes, definitely beautiful. nice pics!
                Jurgi Persoons, Angelo Figus, Majorlin van del Huevel (sp?), etc. I should start the Lost Belgians thread...
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Seventh
                  • Dec 2006

I am surprised you would compare this to the Belgians, Faust. If anything, it seems more similar to Paul Harnden and the Carpe Diem Diaspora. I admire what I have seen of Persoons, but his work seems quite different (intricate knits and stitching). But then I am not familiar with Figus or van del Huevel.

Or are you comparing the way they went about setting up a company, and the difference in the markets response to them?

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Jurgi Persoons, Angelo Figus, Majorlin van del Huevel (sp?), etc. I should start the Lost Belgians thread...

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

Lost and Found is wonderful. Its intelligent, provocative and very romantic. Ria Dunn's work warms my heart and there isn't much out there (relatively speaking) that has such an impact on me.
                    Last edited by DHC; 01-30-2010, 03:02 PM.
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• swami
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                      no thats a model, this is her at a showroom:
                      Ah , I see what you mean , shes lovely!
                      She should model her own line though adds an air of authenticity and earnestness when designers do that. Not that she needs to her clothes speak volumes

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Seventh View Post
                        I am surprised you would compare this to the Belgians, Faust. If anything, it seems more similar to Paul Harnden and the Carpe Diem Diaspora. I admire what I have seen of Persoons, but his work seems quite different (intricate knits and stitching). But then I am not familiar with Figus or van del Huevel.

Or are you comparing the way they went about setting up a company, and the difference in the markets response to them?
                        No, I am comparing them exactly in aesthetic terms - especially in silhouette and the mood of presentations. I will make the dead Belgians thread next week. I think comparing this to CDiem is weird, since CDiem did mostly mens. I think CDiem gets way too much play here :-) Sure it had an influence, but a very marginal one, and he was no doubt influenced by the Belgians and the Japanese himself.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

maybe theres a similarity to Cdiem in terms of a sort of artisanal feel in the garments, but that applies to so many labels, I wouldn't attempt to connect them otherwise. The knitwear in particular could be compared to some belgian designers.

I believe she is Canadian, by the way, though residing in Italy.

Comment

• Avantster
                            ¤¤¤
                            • Sep 2006

Interesting, thanks Kev for starting the thread and A for posting more pictures. It appears from the list of stockists on the website that we'll certainly be seeing more of her work in the future.
                            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                              • Mar 2009

AW10 picsolas up in hurrrr

merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎