X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yan
    • Mar 2008

Cutting circles in denim

Anyone got any experience of cutting circles in denim and the tools you need?
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Yan View Post
    Anyone got any experience of cutting circles in denim and the tools you need?
    the question is too vague, can you elaborate more?
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Yan
      • Mar 2008

I have a black denim dress with a layer of silk underneath it. I want to cut circles of between 2 and 4cm diameter in the denim to let the layer underneath show through.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Yan View Post
        I have a black denim dress with a layer of silk underneath it. I want to cut circles of between 2 and 4cm diameter in the denim to let the layer underneath show through.
        If you want them to be done roughly, you can cut a circle the diameter you want in hard paper....make notches at the exact diameter and trace the circles out and cut them by folding the fabric halfway so that you get both sides of the circle exactly the same...........

Otherwise, if you want perfect circles, you need to buy a fabric hole puncher..........some of them comes in sets that you can buy with the handles being separate and the punching attachments in various sizes
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎