• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pierce
    Banned
    • Aug 2009

Berghain

Does anyone here frequent the Berghain in Berlin?

Everytime I am there I see the guy from Darklands and some other people who I think I recognize from here.

For anyone unfamiliar, it is quite an interesting place, the likes of no where else on the planet.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • BUMMER
    • Feb 2010

Berghain/NY

Saw Peter Van Hoesen in NY recently... Deep, dubby and slightly nasty.. He did a nice extended edit of "No Way Back"...

Comment

• MASUGNEN
      • Feb 2009

Berghain provides the world with degenerated techno pop. Club residents visit Malmö once in a while and these parties are just boring, uninspiring umpf-umpf for pretty people who don't want to dance.

UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE!

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

have you been to the berghain? Sounds not...and I guess almost every party in any skandinavian country is about looking good, spending irrational money on alcohol and be boring...so all the DJs try to accommodate to this...

haven't been to the berghain in a while but it's still clearly an experience...anyone should check it out themselves an make up their mind...

Originally posted by MASUGNEN View Post
        Berghain provides the world with degenerated techno pop. Club residents visit Malmö once in a while and these parties are just boring, uninspiring umpf-umpf for pretty people who don't want to dance.

UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE!
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Is it still good? Heard some voices saying the great times passed when Berghain was featured in every magazine (and international fashion forum) and thus has become more a "must-visit" when sightseeing Berlin (in a row with Checkpoint Charlie or whatever).
          Would go there anyway since Villalobos is one of my favorite DJs.
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MASUGNEN
            • Feb 2009

It ain't techno. It's pop and sex. Berghain is to music what Cheap Monday is to clothing.

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr yeah :-x
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

I haven't been there for a while and admittedly they got so famous with time that the typical Berlin people hate about all the tourists who seem to go there like crazy. But the door is still strict and I advise every visitor not to speak English in front of the bouncer. In the end it's still a good techno club with the best sound system ever. It's still crazy and full of fucked up drugheads and other party people. It's not as cheesy as weekend where you can tell that the 16 year old girls are from the countryside and it's not pseudochique like Felix or other champagne bottle locations. There are good parties and bad parties. If there are like 8 djs playing within almost 24 hours you can imagine that a statement like the above is just nonsense. I have had boring parties there and crazy good parties. When the shudders open at 7 and let the sun in and people are screamig like they are vampires in blade then no one who has experienced hat can tell me that there is something comparable tothis. Not in NY, Paris, London or somewhere else...it's only here...and especially not in Malmö( no offence mate)

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

I dunno if you differ between the berghain floor and the panorama bar floor masugnen...bc on the first it's definitely techno...one can debate about the other floor though...

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                    • Feb 2009

I don't know and I don't care. All I feel is that Berghain/Panorama residents visiting Malmö – Marcel Dettman, Marcel Fengler, Norman Nodge, Ben Klock, Tama Sumo, Shed, Cassy, Rhythm & Sound – all have sucked at techno. I've from this learned that the modern Berlin/Berghain techno sound, at best, is house. Crowd – well dressed, posh and poppy – stands still, perhaps wobble to release some scent from prepped hair, scream at all these techno pop stars from famous Berghain.

It's a foolish debate, but let's aggravate. Theaddict's description reveals that he has never been to a real rave – existant in warehouses and woods and on beaches and marchlands long before Berhain hype – and that he severely underestimates Malmö's vibe. Are he familiar with Stockholm's contribution to the international history of techno music? Well, the Swedish scene now lies in Malmö. Which other city (of comparable size or else) has for a couple of years hosted Squarepusher, Ceephax Acid Crew, Dopplereffekt (twice), DJ Bone, Patrice Scott, Kevin Saunderson, Derrick May (twice), Daniel Bell, Stewart Walker, A Guy Called Gerald (on several occations), DJ Pierre, Atom™, Modeselektor (twice), Thomas Fehlmann, Jamie Lidell, Isolée, Cristian Vogel, Thomas Brinkmann, Kode 9, Alva Noto, Byteone, SND, Portable (several times), Fennesz, Lineas de Nazca, Murcof, Sleeparchive, Redshape (twice) plus all Swedish techno legendars? Dopplereffekt launched Black Replica/Zwischenwelt/Zerkalo here.

And then we have the dubstep/drum'b'bass/acid/noise scene as well.

Of course, Malmö is, by international standard, a very small city. But it has the spirit Berghain lacks.

Comment

• misterpale
                      • Apr 2008

sorry,but i´m very tired off all this back in the days was everything better or keep the underground alive shoutings.would everyone of us stop wearing ccp,ro,luc or whatever,because it´s getting more and more popular?let´s be honest:berghain delivers most of the time good line ups and the berghain floor is really not a place where people looks preety stand still and don´t dance.it´s the completly opposite of it.people freak out and dance..upstairs and downstairs.

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

You are arguing about techno.

Comment

• misterpale
                          • Apr 2008

you don´t like techno?

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                            • Feb 2009

This is not a chronological issue. I stress that techno is a matter of machine experimentation and relentless dance and anti-pop attitude. If CCP/RO/LUC profiles itself as Berghain does, I would stop wearing it.

Tatsuro Horikawa was a raver.

Comment

• droogist
                              • Sep 2006

Ugh, what a stupid pointless fucking argument. MASUGNEN, if you've never been to Berghain, why are you talking? Perhaps you'd like to give your opinion about some books you haven't read, or some films you've haven't seen, too?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎