X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • viv1984viv
    • Feb 2008

Homeware, Tableware, Nice Things

Hi - i thought that what with all the talk of single malts, cigars and wines along with our extensive collections of coffee table books and glossy magazines a thread about gorgeous tumblers or heavy oak tables may be valid? Goes without saying but ill say it anyways - mods - If there is already a thread that covers this please remove, or move to a more appropriate area.

So heres a place for you to post your cherished riedel vinum pinot noir glass or your royal doulton whisky tumblers or anything homeware/furniture related, be it david shrigley salt and pepper shakers or a yoshitomo nara ashtray - post nice things!

Ill start with something I dont have but would love to have!
    Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

i guess someone should mention RO furniture..
    yeah, those antlers looks real comfortable..

and maybe someone can recommend a nespresso type coffee machine. i am in the market for a pod-based espresso maker.

Comment

• galia
      • Jun 2009

I'va always wanted to have this type of furniture

now all of you know how terrible my taste really is

Comment

• viv1984viv
        • Feb 2008

why do I recall the texas chainsaw massacre ( original film )??? is it just me?
        Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

I guess it could be considered as tableware

[adds chainsaw to shopping cart]

Comment

• MJRH
            • Nov 2006

This thread is a good idea. I've been looking for stemware recently, and unless my Google-fu has failed me somehow, don't believe it's been discussed in-depth on SZ?

Something simple and elegant without being too modernist, the Kosta Boda Chateau set:

Also, the Provence crystal by Ichendorf is quite nice, with slightly too much flair for my taste, though the snifters are perfect:

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

PS. I believe glassware may be the only craft where telling someone they blow is a compliment.
            ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

This thread belongs somewhere in the 'other design' subforum, no? Maybe a mod can move it?

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
                This thread is a good idea. I've been looking for stemware recently, and unless my Google-fu has failed me somehow, don't believe it's been discussed in-depth on SZ?

Something simple and elegant without being too modernist, the Kosta Boda Chateau set:
                if you are torn between those sets, i'd say side with the top set.
                The second set with the angular cut only looks good when staged with the rest of the set. On it's own the glass would look a bit feminine and would resemble something purchased at bed bath and beyond.
                I am a fan of the tapered glass which allows for spill free mixing/swirlling but i am not a fan of larger diameters. so i'd personally prefer a smaller scale version of the top set.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎