X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shucks
    replied
    Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Shucks, some things are just meant to be let go...
    sure, i just don't wanna send a hoard of lurkers to smaller relatively unknown retailers during sales before active members have had their pick... ;)

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    By the way, the attached photos are now invisible for non-registrants. I suggest you attach important photos rather than link them, the way I've been doing. We have unlimited storage and bandwidth, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Shucks, some things are just meant to be let go...

Leave a comment:

• ES3K
    replied
    /\ I'm not saying that I find it necessary, but a solution would be to make some sections (like good finds) of the forum only viewable for members with at least maybe 10 or so posts. I don't know if Vbulletin does support this kind of action though.

Leave a comment:

• Shucks
    replied
    i'm gettin a distinct feeling there are lurkers who just trawl the good finds thread - and it annoys me. i don't mind sharing links with the community - in fact i want to - but i sure as shit don't like sharing with no lurker out to make money flipping shit on ebay. no suggestions on what to change, but a change would be nice...

Leave a comment:

• lowrey
    replied
    it has been opened up until we figure an alternate way to limit image visibility etc.

Leave a comment:

• kollaps
    replied
    Doesn't seem to work anymore. I can browse the whole forum without logging in..

Leave a comment:

• Sombre
    replied
    Ah, I see. Thank you. I've missed quite a bit. Now off to catch up on the new Archive section.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Yes, but it was implemented several weeks ago. Welcome back :-)

Leave a comment:

• Sombre
    replied
    It would appear that lurkers can no longer view the forum apart from the front page that shows how many members are online and what the latest thread posted in is. I've tried to view the forum in passing without signing in, and was unable to. Is this the beginning of charging industry insiders for the privelege of using the forum?

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Already addressed it in the discussion thread.

Leave a comment:

• copacetic
    replied
    Please check out and contribute to the new SZ project - The Garment Archives. I encourage everyone to participate - I don't care if you have 0 posts or 10000 - this is our chance to make a great collective effort in order to create something worthwhile.
    What was the decision behind having the garments be on hangers instead of worn when they are photographed and added to the archive? With some pieces, especially lightweight sweaters and tailored pants, it's hard to get a feel for what kind of garment it is until you see it filled out with flesh. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• eat me
    replied
    Ok, go play.
    Thanks, will give it a go once I'm back from Paris.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
    really excited for this project! if we think there's a worthy addition from a designer not yet listed, should we just send you a submission to see if it should be posted? in the meantime, there's already a big list of designers whose work i'm excited to see cataloged.
    Yes, absolutely - just make a suggestion in the initial thread on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• lowrey
    replied
    I think we can make a discussion thread either here or in the archives forum for suggestions, additions etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎