Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interest1
    replied
    Uh-oh, except for that some of the newer members may not realize they'll need to size their images so that they're not so huge that people have to scroll horizontally to see all of it.

The first post on page 2120 in waywt being a prime example.

It's an unspoken rule around here and one that everyone should be mindful of.

Leave a comment:

• interest1
    replied
    Oh my god, whoever changed back the max image size to what it was originally,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Every horizontal image has been restored and the forum looks
    so much more attractive and inviting because of it.

Whoever made this happen, I could just throw my arms around you and KISS YOU!

Leave a comment:

• mortalveneer
    replied
    Only allowing the OP to post will reduce on moderator costs, but will cut out the benefit of the occasionally useful reply you highlight.

Won't do much for bumping posts, but I've never considered this a major problem anyhow. Then again, I refresh the SZ classifieds a moderately obscene number of times a day, so I may not be the average user...

Leave a comment:

• lowrey
    replied
    yea they use an entirely different software. it also results in having one item per listing/thread, which I guess could be considered both good and bad. it means a lot more clutter as some people can sell 10-15 items at a time, on the other hand it could make things simpler and easier to find. but anyway I think that would require remaking the whole section to have categories etc.

Leave a comment:

• MoFiya
    replied
    @lowrey
    StyleForum uses a different forum software, no?
    They have implemented such a bumping mechanism, as I mentioned in the feedback thread already.

Leave a comment:

• Jin
    Guest replied
    ^ hm. agreed. but is it possible to set kinda bumplimit like: op could post as much as he want in thread but only once in a day/3 days/week it will cause bumping?

Leave a comment:

• lowrey
    replied
    I wish there was a way to automatically control bumping, but I don't think its possible to have a time limit on replies or anything like that. Plus if you could make a reply just once every few days, that would create an additional problem for those who list multiple posts worth of items in a single thread.

What we could probably do is to only allow the op to post a reply, which would get rid of 100% of chatter. The only downside is the rare occasion where its necessary/helpful for another member to comment on something like wrongful or misused information/photos/etc, but I suppose these could always be reported to us.

thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• mortalveneer
    replied
    Any way to automate bumping of the threads in classifieds?

It feels like we're heading in that direction anyway, with no chatter in threads, and questions relegated to PMs. This way you'd also solve people bumping too frequently. Maybe just allow people to edit, and also delete the thread if everything sells...

Not sure if the system allows such a thing though...
    Last edited by mortalveneer; 01-11-2013, 11:00 AM. Reason: Anyway ≠ any way

Leave a comment:

• eleven crows
    replied
    Aside from the above mentioned guy, the best on the market is fromjapan. Whether or not they'd be down for an affiliation is another story.

Leave a comment:

• qazwsx
    replied
    My personal proxy is only a guy. He only charges like 3bucks for each transaction. I've been using his service for the past 3 years (70+ transaction) and it has been flawless. Apparently he will not be able to have partnership with SZ but if any member is interested in using his service, simply pm me.

Leave a comment:

• lowrey
    replied
    I have been using bid-service.jp for 5-6 years (probably 50+ transaction) and they have been flawless. I think they are on the more expensive side though, but I don't mind paying a bit more for the reliability.

Leave a comment:

• curiouscharles
    replied
    fromjapan.co.jp is an unbelievable service, of which I'm amazed more people are not aware.

Leave a comment:

• cowsareforeating
    replied
    fromjapan?,
    fascinate does a proxy now too

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Dear members,

The partnership with SharpService has been terminated. We are now looking for a new Japanese proxy service to advertise on SZ with whom we can build a trusted relationship.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    I wonder who that idiot was!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡