X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13we2
    replied
    Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
    I think you're conflating conditioner and polish.
    The conversation was more focused on polishing ("creams or pomades"), I understand conditioning is a different matter but either way I just don't apply anything and the result isn't that bad. I am curious though if designers like Boris himself would condition their personal leather stuff regularly.

If you just read the last post in the leathercare thread, someone reported his experiment with a lotion (I guess a conditioner?) that transformed the color and touch of the leather, for better or worse.
    Last edited by 13we2; 03-06-2018, 09:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lohikaarme
    replied
    I think you're conflating conditioner and polish.

Leave a comment:

• 13we2
    replied
    Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
    Uhh... what? What magical leather properties would BBS or CCP leather have where you wouldn't just treat them like normal boots and where letting them dry out is preferential?
    The oldest peices I own are about 5-6 years old so I'm not in a position to tell what they'd look like 10 years, 20 years later, plus I wear my leather garments with great care and often like to blow away the dust, etc. Like I said, they've lasted to the present day just fine. Maybe not as shiny as just purchased but certainly not any noticable signs of drying out. I've also seen disasters of people turning their CCP derbies or BBS veg tan jackets into slick and sparkling monsters because that's what their grandmas think (patent) leather should look like (if that's what you mean by "like normal boots").

Do you actually polish/oil your BBS F235 horse leathers? I do hope the experts here maybe even the designers hanging around here could share with us a piece of advise on how to take care of (particularly sz brands) leathers.

Leave a comment:

• Lohikaarme
    replied
    Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
    I've never applied any leather care products shoe cream/polish/wax to my SZ brand leather goods (just realized I only have BBS and CCP though). They've survived just fine. Chances are you'd end up ruining them rather than saving if you weren't a leather expert pretty much like CCP/BBS... them boys.
    Uhh... what? What magical leather properties would BBS or CCP leather have where you wouldn't just treat them like normal boots and where letting them dry out is preferential?

Leave a comment:

• en0rm
    replied
    no need for care products for quite a while when you just got them.
    concerning the heel, you cobbler knows what hes doing! if you want him to put a rubber heel on from the start, a good cobbler ripps or shaves one layer of leather off the heel so that the heel stack will be the same hight again as originally. just smacking on a piece of rubber over the heel makes the heel taller and the whole boot unbalanced. so you just as well can wear down the leather heel a bit until you put vibram on the heel.

Leave a comment:

• 13we2
    replied
    I've never applied any leather care products shoe cream/polish/wax to my SZ brand leather goods (just realized I only have BBS and CCP though). They've survived just fine. Chances are you'd end up ruining them rather than saving if you weren't a leather expert pretty much like CCP/BBS... them boys.

Leave a comment:

• _AR
    replied
    I appreciate they're quite expensive and special shoes, but I think you maybe over thinking a bit, particularly as they're black and horse.

I've used the firm in NYC to revibram an old pair of ccp derbies and repair the heel and they didn't bat an eye. There's a huge shoe care thread on the forums I think that might be helpful, but you can honestly just wipe them with a damp cloth/towel if anything happens to them for a while barring them getting exposed to a lot of salt.

Leave a comment:

• Hon
    replied
    A little over a month ago I bought a pair of O.D. Lined One Piece Prosthetic Boots in color 10 CORS (don’t have the label right now, don’t know the codes). These are my first pair of CCP boots btw. I took them to a cobbler upon arrival and asked him to Vibram the boots for protection. He basically only did the sole, not the heel, and insisted I wear the heel down a little bit and then Vibram it. I’ve worn them about 5 times and the heel is starting to wear slightly, in terms of getting the maximum usablility for the piece, should I go to another cobbler and have them Vibrammed? I may go into NYC to see Atelier NYC so I could perhaps go to a cobbler in NYC familiar with Poell. Also, any tips on cleaning them? Special creams or pomades for cordovan leather? Thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

• href:90a7
    replied
    Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
    IN-BETWEEN, from what I understand, is a fabric being used as a temporary replacement for CORD-PTC.

Also, CCP is once again creating Denim and Knit garments. These are currently being delivered to stores/clients. The denim fabric is KIT-BW...and it is incredibly beautiful.
    Darklands just put the new stuff up. Love the way the fabric looks, especially on the grain on the jeans. Not too fond of the fit of the denim jacket though.

Samsa-G has also been teasing this new fabric. Looks like vests might also come in the new stuff.

Leave a comment:

• julian_doe
    replied
    IN-BETWEEN, from what I understand, is a fabric being used as a temporary replacement for CORD-PTC.

Also, CCP is once again creating Denim and Knit garments. These are currently being delivered to stores/clients. The denim fabric is KIT-BW...and it is incredibly beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• jap808
    replied
    Exactly my tought, when I see this
    http://pnp-firenze.blogspot.it/2018/...en-online.html

Leave a comment:

• mikko
    replied
    So is IN-BETWEEN the new collection finally or something more carryover-ish?

Leave a comment:

• blackfedora
    replied
    Originally posted by biglongspear View Post
    can anyone help me identify the season based on these pics
    please and thanks :)
    Initially produced for the 2010 collection and have been in semi-continuous production since that last collection in a variety of colours. The leather is typically kangaroo (ROOMS) as it is in the pics above.

Leave a comment:

• biglongspear
    replied

can anyone help me identify the season based on these pics
    please and thanks :)

Leave a comment:

• Avi
    replied
    I recently bought some CCP boots, and I’m unsure of the season/model/leather type as I bought them off YahooJP with no communication with the seller, figuring I’d just sell them if they didn’t work out. However, they are still beautiful boots. Could someone help me identify them? Thanks!

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

EDIT: I did a bit more digging and I believe them to be the Objectdyed Unlined Rainboot from Poell’s SS05 Collection, but I’m still unsure of the leather type.
    Last edited by Avi; 12-21-2017, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎