X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faust
    replied
    Yep, coming to the shop near you next fall. They hold copyrights to some Star Wars imagery, so they decided what the fuck, let's do it.

Leave a comment:

• Dane
    replied
    CDG Shirt x Star Wars??

source: http://number3store.blogspot.com/

More: http://www.therisinghollywood.com/20...ith-star-wars/

Leave a comment:

• commacomma
    replied
    wow, great video!!!

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Sorry, missed it. It's better embedded :-)

Leave a comment:

• Shucks
    replied
    dude i just posted that about 20 cm above your post.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Some vintage footage here, although Japanese and French speaker swill find the video more rewarding.

The Challenge of Rei Kawakubo from david cheung® on Vimeo.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Originally posted by rilu
    the problem with most interviews i see nowadays is that they are obviously not a conversation but questions sent per email and answers given to those questions. and that's not an interview, but a questioner. an interview requires a dialogue where new questions sometimes pop up on the fly, in view of the previously given answers. sure you can have a prepared set of questions, the general topic for the interview, but you need to be flexible to play with it and use it really just as a sketch. i've never studied media, and Faust will for sure be able to illuminate us more on this topic, but that's how I imagine an interview to be like, and that's what I see missing in most "interviews" i see online nowadays.
    Correct. I won't do an email interview unless someone twists my hand - it's just boring. And you can't recreate the time and place and the mood of the interviewee. And I love it that some designers won't do an email interview - it's a sign that they respect themselves. I mean, if you care about someone else's work, you don't fire off a few questions by email. I can understand if it's logistically hard, like going from NYC to Japan, but it's still better to do a phone interview.

Leave a comment:

• genevieveryoko
    replied
    ^not to imply that there's anything wrong with her being a woman of few words.

i was surprised she even agreed to do this new interview.

Leave a comment:

• interest1
    replied
    Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I don't think it's possible to do a good interview with Rei because of the language barrier
    and her reluctance to discuss her work in detail. If The New Yorker couldn't do it, no one can.
    Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
    . . . now reading this new interview it sounds like she's giving the exact same responses, even though the questions are different. it seems there's only so much she's willing to say.

Well, at least she is a woman of her word:

–Rei Kawakubo

Her raison d'être, spelled out for us in black & white. Literally.
    You can't help but respect that.

Ai Weiwei + Rei Kawakubo.. Or, as it begs: Rei-n-Ai.

side note: The documentary AI WEIWEI: NEVER SORRY, on the artist's recent imprisonment
    by the Chinese govt., debuted at SunDance last weekend. (click title for preview)

Leave a comment:

• Shucks
    replied
    well, there are 'structured interviews' and 'unstructured ones', and they produce different material - one isn't better than the other. depends on purpose.

anyway, apologies if this has been posted earlier:

VIDEO
    Last edited by Shucks; 01-28-2012, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    This is literally the first time I hear someone say they read a good interview in Interview.

Leave a comment:

• genevieveryoko
    replied
    i thought the interview she did with interview magazine a few years ago was really good, but it was also the first interview with her i'd ever read. now reading this new interview it sounds like she's giving the exact same responses, even though the questions are different. it seems there's only so much she's willing to say.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    I don't think it's possible to do a good interview with Rei because of the language barrier and her reluctance to discuss her work in detail. If The New Yorker couldn't do it, no one can.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny
    replied
    pretty shit interview with rei, but i liked her line about her job being "more often than not, hell". i've got something in common with her after all

Leave a comment:

• genevieveryoko
    replied
    that makes my day. thank you so much!! i will have to save all of those images.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎