X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underdog
    replied
    Agreed, and given the "basics" nature of the line, in terms of both design and material, I was surprised at the higher price level of the pieces I saw at the store.

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
    In general black is also way more 'basic,' lots of t-shirts in other words. The womens line has some pretty nice shirting that I saw recently (nice sheer paneling and funny details on the collars / cuffs). Fabrics definitely don't seem at the same level as mainline stuff but some pieces are nicer than others - they had a washed polyester (i think) jacket that was pretty nice in the nyc store.

Leave a comment:

• lowrey
    replied
    havent seen a lot but quality wise seems like its more Play than H+.

Leave a comment:

• Servo2000
    replied
    In general black is also way more 'basic,' lots of t-shirts in other words. The womens line has some pretty nice shirting that I saw recently (nice sheer paneling and funny details on the collars / cuffs). Fabrics definitely don't seem at the same level as mainline stuff but some pieces are nicer than others - they had a washed polyester (i think) jacket that was pretty nice in the nyc store.

Leave a comment:

• Dane
    replied
    Originally posted by HWith View Post
    How's the quality of Comme des Garcons BLACK compared to Homme Plus?
    According to Mr. Faust it isn't great.

Leave a comment:

• HWith
    replied
    How's the quality of Comme des Garcons BLACK compared to Homme Plus?

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    CDG in NYC certainly has it.

Leave a comment:

• Dane
    replied
    Many thanks to you both.

I had no idea Watanabe was designing that line as well. Can I assume quality is on par with H+?

ps - where does one find pics of Homme's collections?

Leave a comment:

• Johnny
    replied
    homme is not japan only - it's sold certainly in DSM and Paris, not sure about NYC. IN fact Atelier used to carry it for a few seasons recently.
    Homme is, I think, designed by watanabe with some explicit direction or collaboration from Kawakubo. It is more simple than homme plus for sure; much less experimental, much less weird, much less themed. It's sort of like the classic idea of comme des garcons menswear, with updated shapes - i.e., largely speaking, less baggy. there are some really lovely suits and jackets in this season's collections

Leave a comment:

• Dane
    replied
    Potentially dumb question - what's the difference between Homme and Homme Plus? I think Homme is Japan-only(?), but I'm not sure. I also read that someone else designs the Homme line.

Leave a comment:

• Dane
    replied
    Adding my lol.

Also, I shamefully admit that when I went to the NY shop for the first time, I walked right by it and had to ask someone where it was.

Leave a comment:

• waxy
    replied
    Originally posted by Faust View Post
    /\ lol
    okay that made me lol too.

Leave a comment:

• Fade to Black
    replied
    wonderful pic interest1, takes me back to my college years when I'd hit up NY for thanksgiving break now and then and walk through stores of clothes I either couldn't afford or could buy cheaper in Asia, but cherished the experience nonetheless. I remember that sight, the staff struck me as chillier and maybe less CdG than the gang at CdG Aoyama. There was a beautiful Asian girl who worked at Balenciaga nearby.

Leave a comment:

• interest1
    replied
    Originally posted by Faust View Post
    /\ lol
    your lol made me lol.

Speaking of comme / NY.. forgot I had this. Snapped it during a visit in 2005. Yes, visit.
    Where we go is one thing; where life takes us is another!

spray paint & bike in lieu of potted plants, NYC 2005

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    /\ lol

Leave a comment:

• waxy
    replied
    did anyone go to the market sale in nyc last week?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎