• Show
Clear All

• shah
    replied
    the collage is a bit anachronistic no ?

Leave a comment:

• Shucks
    replied
    the image of light shining through a crack in a raf towel, up the crack of PB just broke my brain. (nothing personal, dude...)

Leave a comment:

• lowrey
    replied
    now theres a Rafadox if there ever was one.

Leave a comment:

• MJRH
    replied
    The towel has a crack in it.

(Or that's what it says, anyway.)

Leave a comment:

• Shucks
    replied
    but if he was sitting on it, how would the light get in his crack?

Leave a comment:

• MJRH
    replied
    Just imagined PaintedBlack sitting on this.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    in 2006, exactly two stores in NYC carried Rick Owens. Get off the fucking crack.

Leave a comment:

• PaintedBlack_7
    replied
    Faust started it in 2006 at the peak of Rick owens' popularity, used to lurk in 2008 ish

Leave a comment:

• Chant
    replied
    Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
    εν οιδα οτι ουδεν οιδα is not a direct quote from plato's apology, more like a concentrated paraphrase.

i know one [thing], that i know nothing
    is its exact meaning. there's not much to discuss beyond that... i think its pretty clear
    It's a formal paradox (if you know that you know nothing, then you know at least one thing, and you can't say that you know nothing anymore), so, no, it is not clear.

Leave a comment:

• michael_kard
    replied
    εν οιδα οτι ουδεν οιδα is not a direct quote from plato's apology, more like a concentrated paraphrase.

i know one [thing], that i know nothing
    is its exact meaning. there's not much to discuss beyond that... i think its pretty clear

Leave a comment:

• cjbreed
    replied
    everybody facepalms, why would u depart?

Leave a comment:

• MetroBulotDodo
    replied
    Originally posted by OkbutNo View Post

And yeah, maybe not the most important thing to comment on, but jeez just admit that you mistook greek text for lotr or something. I don't even doubt you've heard the quote before but that's a lot more graceful than a hamfisted, "no guys i totally know whats going on I was just joking when I said something that wasn't even funny in the context of the thread!"
    As my experience on SZ accumulates, I grow more confident that when the day comes to depart, I will have departed with a new and deep appreciation for -- if nothing else -- the expressive and gestural brilliance that is a timely delivered face palm.

Perhaps arguing about ancient Greek on fashion forums is the new thanatopolitics? Discuss.

MBD

Leave a comment:

• morsto
    replied
    Okbutno, that was (truthfully) a very good first post.

Leave a comment:

• Monty76
    replied
    Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    i have no idea how it started so i won't speculate on fausts passions and personal motivations but in a practical sense it feels like it was created as a rejection to TFS and the like. an alternative i guess.

this is a total guess so no offense intended
    I don't remember the exact circumstances but this guess may be more correct then even you intended it to be.

Leave a comment:

• marco-von
    replied
    as i read on....

the internet punch was parried by an unknown cause

this shit just got real.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢