X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faust
    replied
    Originally posted by Laconic View Post
    Does anyone know what's going on with Plokhov this season? I'm not sure if he was going to opt against the runway again, though this seems correct as he's not on the schedule.
    Don't know. Usually I get an invitation, but not this time - and I forgot to reach out myself (too much fashion).

Leave a comment:

• Heirloom
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
    hmm, having seen it in motion, I am not so sure it's hideous actually... (going out on a thin thin limb here)
    i thought more it was boring, that the fur and fake hair parts could've been explored more and integrated into the structure of garments instead of left as decoration.

Leave a comment:

• Laconic
    replied
    Does anyone know what's going on with Plokhov this season? I'm not sure if he was going to opt against the runway again, though this seems correct as he's not on the schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Was more of a "zeitgeist" comment - have we stopped caring about what the man does?

Leave a comment:

• mrbeuys
    replied
    hmm, having seen it in motion, I am not so sure it's hideous actually... (going out on a thin thin limb here)

Leave a comment:

• michael_kard
    replied
    Why would anyone post it? It's hideous.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Hmmm, no one has posted the Raf Simons collection yet?

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    AGAIN, everyone, please post actual photos in the collections threads, not just links. It will be good for promoting discussion and for looking back.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Geoffrey, were there actual invites for the show or do we just show up?

Leave a comment:

• Geoffrey B. Small
    replied
    to Coup de Grace and all....

Sorry, have been in the middle of Paris collection ops for the past month, and there's no time for me to write a full comment on this yet. Will try to do so as soon as I possibly can. But for the record, and in response to Zam's suggestion, a digital copy of the invitation can now be seen here:

Meantime, gotta do the show and let the clothes and the presentation do the talking for now...

Thanks very much to everyone for your great comments, patience and understanding.
    Best wishes, Geoffrey

Leave a comment:

• Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver View Post
    I follow GBS on Facebook, and im constantly inspired by his bravery to speak out... too many people shy away from the truth on certain subjects..they find it easier to bury their heads in the sand... and people who do voice their opinions just get rubbished as 'looneys'... depressing really.

Just because you respect his viewpoint and seem to be this emotionally fervent about his ideas doesn't mean its the "truth." Its still just ideas in your head. Be careful that you don't become the one burying your head in the sand.

Leave a comment:

• pseudonym
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver View Post
    I follow GBS on Facebook, and im constantly inspired by his bravery to speak out... too many people shy away from the truth on certain subjects..they find it easier to bury their heads in the sand... and people who do voice their opinions just get rubbished as 'looneys'... depressing really.
    Careful here... many opinions are not the truth...
    Not sure if every issue has a "truth" either...

I think I know what you are trying to say, as I am familiar with GBS.
    I doubt that very many people would argue either on these issues.

But don't clump all people and all opinions into this...

Leave a comment:

• Silver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zamb
    replied
    I dont know if Im allowed to post the invite, I will ask him if I can,

but if you saw it, it would give a better understanding of the concept he is working with

it has Gandhi, Luther and other non violent activist who have made significant contributions to changing our society for the better...........

I am not putting GBS in their group, but I know outside of his profession as a designer he is doing his part to speak out against many things that ail us as human beings..........
    If he chooses to use his talents as a designer to these ends I see nothing wrong with that.............matter of fact I commend and support it
    Originally posted by several_girls View Post
    I think it's pretty shallow to assume GBS' goal is to simply get more attention for OWS. Couldn't it also be something more integrated, intellectual, artistic, personal or political?

Finally, I would also say it's small-minded to think that there should be an "appropriateness" to a fashion show or that all artists should comply. Although there are obviously limits (Ksubi comes to mind), I'm all for pushing boundaries.
    Last edited by zamb; 01-04-2012, 01:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• several_girls
    replied
    Originally posted by coup de grace View Post
    but are you actually claiming that you think a niche luxury fashion brand's showroom label will bring additional attention to a movement like ows?

it's hard to even come up with a justification for his use of the term that implies "support".
    I think it's pretty shallow to assume GBS' goal is to simply get more attention for OWS. Couldn't it also be something more integrated, intellectual, artistic, personal or political?

Finally, I would also say it's small-minded to think that there should be an "appropriateness" to a fashion show or that all artists should comply. Although there are obviously limits (Ksubi comes to mind), I'm all for pushing boundaries.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎