Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julius SS2010

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dji
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 3020

    the slimmer engineer boots Julius have made are:
    - FW06 tall back zip (sanded calf)
    - SS07 short back zip (calf leather)
    - FW07 medium back zip (sanded calf)
    - SS09 tall side zip (sanded calf)

    Comment

    • BBSCCP
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 352

      Originally posted by headpower View Post
      BBSCCP, do you mind posting your fit pic with your tailored fall/winter twisted jeans, I wanna see if it is worth the trouble to get it to 16.5cm.
      I gave my cam to a friend for a trip. can do pics in 3 weeks if desired.

      Comment

      • Acid, Bitter and Sad
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2007
        • 1063

        That FW07 sanded calf medium back zip is just beautiful!
        The nicest of the lot imo...

        Comment

        • mononon
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 1041

          i think it's that one i'm talking about ^^

          thx DJI
          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

          Comment

          • headpower
            Junior Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 22

            Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
            I gave my cam to a friend for a trip. can do pics in 3 weeks if desired.
            I took my 09 wax twisted jeans to my tailor, let's hope it turns out great. I am praying.

            Comment

            • BBSCCP
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 352

              Originally posted by headpower View Post
              I took my 09 wax twisted jeans to my tailor, let's hope it turns out great. I am praying.
              Don´t worry! since the jeans is all black you still can alter it if something goes wrong - without ending up with visible marks. Any tighter hem will look better than the original 21 cm....

              Did the tailor agree to work on all 4 seams or just one?

              Comment

              • headpower
                Junior Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 22

                I told him to work on one, but he insists working on 2 inseams. I asked him what about 4, he said it wont make a big differnece. He said he is busy until weekend so I can still call him tomorrow. Should I insist telling him to work on 4 inseams? He is an Italian tailor that has 25 years experience so I trusted his words and hell what do I know about tailoring.

                Comment

                • BBSCCP
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 352

                  Originally posted by headpower View Post
                  I told him to work on one, but he insists working on 2 inseams. I asked him what about 4, he said it wont make a big differnece. He said he is busy until weekend so I can still call him tomorrow. Should I insist telling him to work on 4 inseams? He is an Italian tailor that has 25 years experience so I trusted his words and hell what do I know about tailoring.
                  nah, 2 is fine... another member here did it with only 1 and since the jeans is really very dark black plus twisted you can´t tell any difference when wearing it anyway...

                  Comment

                  • headpower
                    Junior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 22

                    Yes I was going to sell my FW twisted and get the new S/S version until I saw the post about tapering it to 16.5cm.

                    Comment

                    • Raw
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 1106

                      Yeah since you twist them, you can't see any difference between taking it in from 1, 2 or 4 seams. I got mine taken in from just 1 seam, they're at the tailor right now, for the 3rd time lol just to get them exactly the way I want them .

                      Comment

                      • BBSCCP
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 352

                        Originally posted by Raw View Post
                        Yeah since you twist them, you can't see any difference between taking it in from 1, 2 or 4 seams. I got mine taken in from just 1 seam, they're at the tailor right now, for the 3rd time lol just to get them exactly the way I want them .
                        how come for the 3rd time? what are you about to change?

                        Comment

                        • Raw
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 1106

                          Well after the first time in which I had them shortened and tapered, the right leg was a bit too tight at the calf so I asked for it to be let out a little, there was some miscommunication between the owner and her staff and they ended up letting it back out to the original width. So I had it done again, got it back and the left leg seems a bit looser at the calf than the right which was perfect. Now I'm just getting the left leg tapered in 0.5cm from the knee down so they would fit perfectly .

                          Comment

                          • BBSCCP
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 352

                            Originally posted by Raw View Post
                            Well after the first time in which I had them shortened and tapered, the right leg was a bit too tight at the calf so I asked for it to be let out a little, there was some miscommunication between the owner and her staff and they ended up letting it back out to the original width. So I had it done again, got it back and the left leg seems a bit looser at the calf than the right which was perfect. Now I'm just getting the left leg tapered in 0.5cm from the knee down so they would fit perfectly .
                            I see, hopefully it gonna work out so that you end up with a perfectly custom tailored julius jeans

                            I didn´t taper from the knee down but only at the hem so I have to face the problem that the jeans starts untwisting wearing it with low-tops since there is no hold... First I was afraid of tapering it from the knees down cause I thought I could not twist them that easily anymore... Did you encounter that problem with yours?

                            Comment

                            • stereophobic
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 504

                              I must be the only idiot on the forums who spends 10 minutes everytime when I leave the house hand-twisting and tucking my unaltered AW09 jeans into my boots in order to get the twisting effect 'right'
                              An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

                              Comment

                              • Farkhanyassin
                                Senior Member
                                • Jan 2010
                                • 693

                                /\ I spend 5 :P

                                But, of course mine's the SS10 ones and they are way tight so the twisting stays for a very long time.

                                It's just that the 44 inch hem is very long and seems endless when I'm putting my legs in.
                                MOSLEM PRIEST

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎