Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBSCCP
    replied
    yeah, I guess you are right. But it´s good to know it works from the knees down, thanks for the information! And you definitely said to the tailor 16,5 cm right?

I wanna bring mine to the tailor as fast as possible and will post the results here.

Leave a comment:

• snake
    replied
    Hmm perhaps it would be, I was just trying to picture that in my head. But then again if you were to do that, in the end you'd only be taking about 1cm off each seam, which seems more trouble than it'd be worth. Tapering that from the knee down would require accuracy in the millimeters, probably a pain in the ass to attempt.

Leave a comment:

• BBSCCP
    replied
    Originally posted by snake View Post
    I had him taper from the knee down. Yes the twisting is still there, it fits flawlessly now. Quite comparable to the SS10 model.

TheRedeemer - If you like them, I'd bring them to your tailor and give it a shot. Just make sure your tailor sticks with working just one of the seams so you don't loose the twisting effect. Thought I'd include a pic of what mine looks like.. the alteration is hardly noticeable.
    thanks for the pic, Snake!

I was also thinking about tapering and was confused about the 4 seams... So, your tailor did taper only 1 seam? I thought, if tapering all 4, the twisting would be better.... ?!?

Leave a comment:

• snake
    replied
    Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
    did he taper the whole part from the knees below or only the hem? does the twisting still work with 16,5 cm?

I also thought about bringing mine to the tailor but am not sure if the twisting still gonna work if I let them taper from the knees below.

Seems there are two versions of how to wear this jeans. Some just tuck them into the boots and the others twist them until they are really tight around the calves and ankles to tuck them into the boots and stop them from untwisting.

I prefer the second method but doubt it´ll work that fine with less fabric

In general I also prefer the wax from the AW09 to the SS10...
    I had him taper from the knee down. Yes the twisting is still there, it fits flawlessly now. Quite comparable to the SS10 model.

TheRedeemer - If you like them, I'd bring them to your tailor and give it a shot. Just make sure your tailor sticks with working just one of the seams so you don't loose the twisting effect. Thought I'd include a pic of what mine looks like.. the alteration is hardly noticeable.

Leave a comment:

• Avalkab
    replied
    Meh, a few nice ones but that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• stereophobic
    replied
    I really don't think the issue of the wax matters unless you wear the jeans only once a week or so during cool evenings... it won't last very long with repeated use.

Leave a comment:

• BBSCCP
    replied
    Originally posted by snake View Post
    ^ Yup, I had my waxed twisted jeans from last season tapered to 16.5cm by my regulator tailor and it turned out great. They're essentially SS10s now.
    did he taper the whole part from the knees below or only the hem? does the twisting still work with 16,5 cm?

I also thought about bringing mine to the tailor but am not sure if the twisting still gonna work if I let them taper from the knees below.

Seems there are two versions of how to wear this jeans. Some just tuck them into the boots and the others twist them until they are really tight around the calves and ankles to tuck them into the boots and stop them from untwisting.

I prefer the second method but doubt it´ll work that fine with less fabric

In general I also prefer the wax from the AW09 to the SS10...

Leave a comment:

• snake
    replied
    ^ Yup, I had my waxed twisted jeans from last season tapered to 16.5cm by my regulator tailor and it turned out great. They're essentially SS10s now.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I'd imagine it's the same as any taper...open seam, remove a certain amount, close seam.

Originally posted by TheRedeemer View Post
    Isnt it hard to taper the hem on the twisted jeans? I doubt there is any skillful enough here

Leave a comment:

• TheRedeemer
    replied
    Isnt it hard to taper the hem on the twisted jeans? I doubt there is any skillful enough here

Leave a comment:

• neonrider
    replied
    TheRedeemer - note that the waxed/distressed treatment on the f/w 09 jeans is more intense than on the s/s 10. in my opinion (i have both) a lot more intense.

so, as BBSCCP says, you might just want to visit a tailor.

Leave a comment:

• BBSCCP
    replied
    looks like I screwed myself.

PS. if anyone wants a brand new 09 FW Size 1 black waxed twisted Jeans PM.
    you can bring them to the tailor and alter them to 16 cm...

Leave a comment:

• TheRedeemer
    replied
    Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
    you are right. 2010´s hem is about 16.5 cm while FW 09 is about 21 cm
    looks like I screwed myself.

PS. if anyone wants a brand new 09 FW Size 1 black waxed twisted Jeans PM.

Leave a comment:

• croatoan
    replied
    Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
    Has anybody handled / tried on the SS10 shirts?
    In case it comes to a sale someday I might be interested in those...

I like:
    - Cotton Silk Satin (297shm9)
    - Cotton Jersey (297cum7)

But I wonder if anybody tried them on and can comment on how wearable they are (e.g. with the length)? Also, are they sheer (I could image the first being sheer due to the silk...)?

And with always - sizing... I got measurements for the first shirt and found out that they fit - simply taken by the measurements - large. Is that in fact the case or shall I still go true to size for they are designed for fitting a dash larger?

Any input appreciated, as always
    I have the silk/satin shirt in size 2 and love it. The shoulders are a bit big on me but everything else is pretty much perfect. I think if I had gotten the size 1 it would have been a bit too slim. Keep in mind that shirts aren't supposed to be "tight" and the fabric isn't going to give like the jersey ones might. Sleeves are a bit elongated and, on me slim wrists, the cuffs often fall over my hands so someday I will get around to bringing the button in a bit. Fabric is super soft but I don't think it is entirely sheer; mine is black, though. It could be different for white. Either way, I just wear a tanktop underneath.

Leave a comment:

• BBSCCP
    replied
    I just got a pair of FW09 waxed twisted jeans and found it very loose from below the knees, If i didnt remember it wrongly 2010 SS twisted ones are much tighter, Am I correct or did I remembered wrongly?
    you are right. 2010´s hem is about 16.5 cm while FW 09 is about 21 cm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎