Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather care

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beyondthemeans
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 479

    Cheers, will do!

    Comment

    • newp
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2013
      • 631

      Oh God, I love my fucking luck. Any ideas how to clean shell cordovan from white acrylic paint?
      Condolences are accepted with gratitude.

      Comment

      • bukka
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2011
        • 821

        Originally posted by newp View Post
        Oh God, I love my fucking luck. Any ideas how to clean shell cordovan from white acrylic paint?
        Condolences are accepted with gratitude.
        On the m_moria?
        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

        Comment

        • newp
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 631

          Originally posted by bukka View Post
          On the m_moria?
          Yes. For now I just hope Nick Horween still keeps his online presence to help with an advice because damaging or staining the leather is the last thing I want to do. Will try olive oil as first option.

          Comment

          • bukka
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2011
            • 821

            Shit. I hope blackfedora is around, he will surely have a way to help you. You might drop him a pm.
            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

            Comment

            • tobsucht
              Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 56

              how do you guys care for your leather furniture? should i nourish the leather only when i feel the urgency?

              Comment

              • newp
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2013
                • 631

                Originally posted by bukka View Post
                Shit. I hope blackfedora is around, he will surely have a way to help you. You might drop him a pm.
                Yes, thanks. It will work out one way or another.

                Comment

                • Lohikaarme
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2013
                  • 624

                  Originally posted by newp View Post
                  Oh God, I love my fucking luck. Any ideas how to clean shell cordovan from white acrylic paint?
                  Condolences are accepted with gratitude.
                  My immediate thought is Saphir renomat.

                  Comment

                  • newp
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • 631

                    Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                    My immediate thought is Saphir renomat.
                    It's more like a conditioner? I have it but I haven't tried it for cleaning, only for conditioning.
                    UPD: sorry, confused it with renovateur.
                    Last edited by newp; 11-23-2015, 07:11 AM.

                    Comment

                    • gawkrodger
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 334

                      I think this would be the best question for this.

                      I have a Rick Intarsia moto, leather code - LBO (oiled calf?)

                      Great jacket, but it has a strong smell (not just straight leather smell - a strong 'oiled' tinge - I visited my mother with it on a bit ago and she confused the smell for a gas leak! haha).

                      This doesn't particularly bother myself, but my girlfriend moans non-stop when ever I wear it.

                      Is there anyway to reduce the smell? I have hung it outside for literally weeks, worn the jacket loads and whilst the smell has reduced, it has only reduced slightly.

                      Comment

                      • beyondthemeans
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2008
                        • 479

                        Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
                        I think this would be the best question for this.

                        I have a Rick Intarsia moto, leather code - LBO (oiled calf?)

                        Great jacket, but it has a strong smell (not just straight leather smell - a strong 'oiled' tinge - I visited my mother with it on a bit ago and she confused the smell for a gas leak! haha).

                        This doesn't particularly bother myself, but my girlfriend moans non-stop when ever I wear it.

                        Is there anyway to reduce the smell? I have hung it outside for literally weeks, worn the jacket loads and whilst the smell has reduced, it has only reduced slightly.
                        Mayeb you can try using Saphir lotion on it? The bottle says it cleans the leather as well? Leaves it with a bit of a shoemakers smell, which I find quite nice.

                        Comment

                        • Piffen
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 359

                          Anyone know of any European alternatives to Colibri? Would be very happy not having to deal with customs etc.

                          Comment

                          • LilL.FASH
                            Junior Member
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 20

                            I hope I'm putting this in the right place.

                            I have worn the heal very far down on my MA+ folded boots and at this point, I effectively need a new heal or at least 3 1/4 of it replaced. What would be the best way to go about this? a) find a decent cobbler or b) Try and get them repaired by Maurizio.

                            Comment

                            • wahnfrieden
                              Member
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 44

                              Originally posted by LilL.FASH View Post
                              I hope I'm putting this in the right place.

                              I have worn the heal very far down on my MA+ folded boots and at this point, I effectively need a new heal or at least 3 1/4 of it replaced. What would be the best way to go about this? a) find a decent cobbler or b) Try and get them repaired by Maurizio.
                              Do you have the heel replacement all m.a+ shoes come with? You're supposed to first wear down the heel enough for the replacement heel to fit and then have a cobbler put it on. It sounds like you've worn it down beyond that though.

                              Comment

                              • LilL.FASH
                                Junior Member
                                • Jul 2012
                                • 20

                                I think I have worn beyond this, but has anyone got experience of contacting Maurizio for extra replacement heals?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎