X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Let's keep it falling for another two months, boys and girls - I need some PH in my life.
    You and me both!

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

after QE2 the dollar was supposed to take a further nosedive, so nobody was betting on this turn of events
      so you might be seeing a real strengthing of the us economy esp since consumer spending is back
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Lane
        • Aug 2010

not trying to start an economics debate, but I've always been bothered with consumer spending been cited as an indication of an economy doing better. When what really matters is capital.

Comment

• eton97
          • Dec 2008

i sit in these shitty equity markets all day getting kicked in the ass, come home to try and get some relief by making myself personally bankrupt buying $2000 pairs of boots, log on to SZ, and get economics......

oh..and by the way.....for those $ friends out there - sit tight....this weak euro is likely to get a whole lot worse...
          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

in all seriousness, if anybody is really interested in reading about the pivotal role of spain in the european crisis, i can post an email i sent to clients on it....more a quick overview of where we stand on spain and the issue of it being next in line for market specualtion....

Comment

• MikeN
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
              oh..and by the way.....for those $ friends out there - sit tight....this weak euro is likely to get a whole lot worse...

Comment

• sargon97
                • Jan 2009

^ Oh good fun, yes please post.

Comment

• timberlakeld
                  • Mar 2010

in all seriousness, if anybody is really interested in reading about the pivotal role of spain in the european crisis, i can post an email i sent to clients on it....more a quick overview of where we stand on spain and the issue of it being next in line for market specualtion....
                  Im pretty interested as Im doing some investment in CFD market(FX), so would like to read the email, cheers

Comment

• Raw Edge
                    • Jan 2008

yes please that'd be great. have been reading a lot about this recently myself, curious to hear your thoughts.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                      not trying to start an economics debate, but I've always been bothered with consumer spending been cited as an indication of an economy doing better. When what really matters is capital.
                      yeah I agree but I mostly was referring to the battle of perception and the medias desire to make everything seem awful under Obama. seeing images of the cows breaking thru doors on black Friday means the tide is turning in the land of perception

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

consumer spending is more indicative to me of peoples desire to move on and take a BAU approach despite the economy. it's like a 300 lb woman in spandex, like, why not? nothing to hide.

Comment

• eton97
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
                          If Spain fails france and germany are gonna have a feast with the remaining carcass.
                          not as much of a feast as the markets will have with Italy if spain fails.....

spain part 1 and 2 in the culture thread for anybody thats interested

and a very very funny video explaining exactly why europe is in the shit its in.......
                          Last edited by eton97; 11-30-2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• sam_tem
                            • Apr 2007

from all the recent news lately capital doesn't appear to be the problem though, it's just that there's not enough demand to risk putting the capital to use. better to just buy a million dollar home and use the tax deductions. you could always say that increased consumer spending results in more capital though as it increases companies profits and desire to ramp up production.

it's still an important economic indicator, but right now spending is increasing at the expense of saving which is of course unsustainable.

and wire.artist, as i'm a contrarian i'll take the opposite side. if not for greedy vultures picking at the corpse of country balance sheets, who would provide the catalyst to force a country down the proper path to fiscal austerity for the sake of its citizens future?

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

i sit in these shitty equity markets all day getting kicked in the ass, come home to try and get some relief by making myself personally bankrupt buying $2000 pairs of boots, log on to SZ, and get economics......

so I just read yr post in the culture thread and I can see why . get this guy a stiff martini. lol

Comment

• Lane
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                yeah I agree but I mostly was referring to the battle of perception and the medias desire to make everything seem awful under Obama. seeing images of the cows breaking thru doors on black Friday means the tide is turning in the land of perception
                                well, yah, the medias job is always to sensationalize everything otherwise no one would bother watching the news if it wasn't somewhat entertaining. I really think unless we are in a severe depression things like black friday go unaffected because we live in such a consumer driven society. Consumption is one of the roots of this culture.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎