• kunk75
    replied
    i think your posts suck donkey balls

Leave a comment:

• asecretmaker
    replied
    Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    here's a handy guide:

the best ro leather is the one you currently have until you get the next one, which becomes the best most substantial ro leather
    then i think that best is not best enough.

Leave a comment:

• kunk75
    replied
    here's a handy guide:

the best ro leather is the one you currently have until you get the next one, which becomes the best most substantial ro leather

Leave a comment:

• the breaks
    replied
    need a wiki ;)

Leave a comment:

• Shucks
    replied
    Originally posted by mingrui View Post
    thx upsilonkng and sshum88

Two more questions:

1.Rick Owens Leather Code, this is what I found on SZ and compiled for myself:

LB: unwashed calf
    LM: metallic calf
    LS: silky lambskin
    LC: washed lambskin
    LF: fading lambskin
    LO: oiled calfleather
    LSH = Lamb Shearling
    LNB = blistered leather on neoprene

LP: Distressed Sheep Skin
    LR: Regular Smooth Leather <----- Calf or lamb???

What about LE ? As in SS10 Mollino from blackbird

cross-post from here, is my work-in-progress on rick codes. LE is not in it yet... (again, lowrey, is there a way to stick this somewhere more visible since it keeps coming up in various threads?)

LB: blistered lamb
    LB: unwashed calf (not confirmed)
    LBO: box/-ed calf
    LC: washed lamb (not confirmed)
    LF: fading/-ed (gradient) lamb
    LG: full grain lamb (not confirmed?)
    LG: washed lamb (not confirmed)
    LK: kangaroo
    LKG: kangaroo (washed / full grain ?)
    LO: oiled calf
    LP: hammered lamb
    LS: silky lamb
    LSH: shearling lamb

LR: 'regular' lamb?
    LNB: some sort of blistered (combined with fabric)?

LZ: ?
    LV: vegetable dyed lamb ?
    LGAO - 'giove lamb' / oiled calf ?
    COM: from archives it looks like a two-tone blistered treatmet (combined with fabric) ?

Leave a comment:

• darkbydesign
    replied
    I'm a proportionate 36/37" chest and love the fit of Julius leather. To me, Julius and Obscur leather jackets fit tight and well. Rick jackets fit well from mid 2000s collections, but haven't enjoyed his fits of recent seasons. Sometimes they are of course designed to be a little looser, but on a slim frame (even with some muscle) leather just doesn't look proportionate unless you have a EU 50 / US 40 chest or bigger. At least IMO.

So Julius wins hands down for me and I have 4 leather jackets by Tatsuro and only knits by RO. Gotta love how much finishing Julius jackets have and the stitching is immaculate.

Leave a comment:

• the breaks
    replied
    ^ you mean not accurate?
    Rick Leather, Son!!

Leave a comment:

• kunk75
    replied
    yup, cuccinelli makes the nicest quality leathers i've seen but you won't find many bruno threads here.

Originally posted by BSR View Post
    quality is nothing but a fantasy

Leave a comment:

• mingrui
    replied
    ^ you mean not accurate?

Leave a comment:

• t-bone
    replied
    everything at that link belongs in wtf.

Leave a comment:

• mingrui
    replied
    Just found this RO leather guide online. Hope will help someone in the future.

Leave a comment:

• upsilonkng
    replied
    thx upsilonkng and sshum88

Two more questions:

1.Rick Owens Leather Code, this is what I found on SZ and compiled for myself:

LB: unwashed calf
    LS: silky lambskin
    LC: washed lambskin
    LF: fading lambskin
    LO: oiled calfleather
    LSH = Lamb Shearling
    LNB = blistered leather on neoprene

LP: Distressed Sheep Skin
    LR: Regular Smooth Leather <----- Calf or lamb???

What about LE ? As in SS10 Mollino from blackbird

2.How do you guys feel about the SS10 Combo Jacket with all the different materials mashed together? As this one on blackbird?

Thx again!
    1. not sure what LE stands for but this is the thickest lamb I've ever felt from a SS collection from Rick, love this lamb actually, he should use it more, minus the pattern.
    2. it's slightly interesting and fits tiny... I couldn't even zip the Small. But the more you look at it the more it looks like a really expensive track jacket or something... the different material makes it look futuristic but also slightly "Running Man" futuristic. but it's all opinion. Nice jacket, extremely comfortable, way too expensive.

Leave a comment:

• Enaml
    replied
    Originally posted by merz
    It could be argued that the quality of designs from that time is exceptional in a way that has little in common with the recent collections produced under the label.
    The old inflamed ram jacket I own from 06 or 07 is a fantastic example of this. One of the best cuts for a leather jacket I've ever seen, just wish I could get it in a different material. Think somebody might be selling this jacket on here or sufu or something now that I think of it... It'd be great if more old julius pieces were available. Clearly we're not the only ones who feel the stuff they made back then was nice.

On a different note, I'm interested in the quality of those older carpe diem leather jackets. Never handled one IRL, but they go for crazy amounts on Y!JP for what seem to be well-worn jackets.

Leave a comment:

• sshum88
    replied
    ^ RO ??

1. No idea.
    2. Not a fan of leather combo jackets. Prefer all leather or all 'other material'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎