X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ikon
    • Aug 2015

Understanding Streetwear

Hi forum...first post. I have been noticing streetwear more lately than usual and have some questions. I suppose this comes under the category of the "psychology" of the genre...but I need to understand why it is so popular?

For instance, generally I buy graphic clothing with content that means something to me. But in the case of streetwear, the message content seems null. Example: Benny Gold. I've seen the stuff and the designs are good. But WHY does someone want to go about wearing clothing with his name all over it? Content-wise, it's like he makes up designs for non-existant things...casts his name into it and it sells (?). "Benny Gold yacht club" "...hunting club" "Benny Gold first in flight" etc.

Not saying anythind is wrong with it but why does this sell? I really want to understand this.

Thanks!

...Ikon
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Benny?
    is that you???
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

In Germany it´s usually douchy people who wear shirts like the ones you mentioned. I guess some people are afraid they´ll come off as boring if they wear a "boring" (= blank) t-shirt/shirt. Plus these fake yacht clubs etc. add fake heritage to the garment they´re printed on.
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

Elaborate bot, trashes its own brand, mmmh, they really get smarter.
        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bukka View Post
          Elaborate bot, trashes its own brand, mmmh, they really get smarter.
          That's pretty brilliant.

Comment

• Glennphilips
            Banned
            • Dec 2022

If you want to enjoy your gaming sessions in comfort, then you should consider getting a gaming chair. Gaming chairs are designed to provide you with a comfortable seating position while playing your games. Plus, they come with adjustable backrests and armrests to keep you comfortable while playing. https://intentgaming.com/best-audiop...es-for-gaming/

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎