X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skye X
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
    Re: if the trousers come in black: does the Pope shit in the Vatican?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post
      That's a good analogy so I'll see if I can explain my opinion based on that. I'm not suggesting that Horikawa change genres at all; only that he's explored his 'vision' to the point where it feels repetitive and no longer a unique creation. Whether that's because other designers are doing what he did earlier or whether he is inspired by what the other designers are doing I'm not quite sure. But there's no doubt that it all intersects at a pretty disappointing plane as far as 'unique visions' go.

If Trent Reznor kept putting out Pretty Hate Machine over and over and over, I'd suggest the same to him as an artist. But he had the talent and vision to uniquely explore varying approaches, even if he failed at times.

I loved Pretty Hate Machine because even though other bands/people were doing industrial music, Trent created something that was personal and unique...less cold and sampled and typical. That was the 'vision' to take something that existed and make it his own.

Later on, The Downward Spiral was a good album. Not a great album, but very solid and unique. Horikawa seems to be putting out The Downward Spiral over and over in a way even though other designers are also putting out their own versions of The Downward Spiral.

That's all. I see him as a very talented, very influential designer who comes across to me as having lost some spark, vision or direction. As a designer, I have great respect for him...I'm a big fan. It's just that this line seems uninspired to me and that's a little disappointing. Clearly a lot of people like the pieces...and again, I agree it's a great presentation to be sure.

But who wants to listen to the Downward Spiral when you can listen to Pretty Hate Machine?
      Understood (although I love the Downward Spiral, but if we move your analogy to the last few NIN records, yeah, that works for me.)

And, who cares what upsilonking thinks? He's the Green Day of SZ.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lost53 View Post
        Not bad, but I am really missing the edge and rawness of previous collections. I do appreciate that with Goth, he really had pushed that button very far, so a new direction is not a surprise. But as I said with the BBS leggings... must we have the skirts?
        Well, bingo - this is where I disagree with beardown. I think this collection is softer, less aggressive than the previous ones, so there is a change of tune (for lack of a better expression!).
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eat me View Post
          People on here just like giving Tatsuro a hard time. Having handled quite a few Julius pieces I can say that it actually isn't anything like Rick (), or Ann, or whatever.

Julius as a label evolves with a slower pace, unlike some people (see Damir's AW11 fuck-up), and while it might seem repetitve at times, it's acutally refining what he does best.
          Kunk is just a Rick fanboy - he gets a pass. I don't see Rick in Julius either - they are very different things.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Understood (although I love the Downward Spiral, but if we move your analogy to the last few NIN records, yeah, that works for me.)

And, who cares what upsilonking thinks? He's the Green Day of SZ.
            so I'm the biggest sellout to come out of a genre which I piss all over while stealing every formula then watering down to a point where it's safe to use at Old Navy/the Gap/Target? wow that's news to me... where's my broadway version of this message then?
            another nin fan.... I guess we can't all be cutting edge everything right? CCP+PH+RO=Forest Gump, NIN, Seinfeld, Camry?

back on the subject.. can't wait to see the showroom pics, need to know how that leather works..the one that goes across and makes a hard v, and dying to see the boots, I think a huge step up from ss11 and fw10 which I didn't get any footwear and was not that interested.
            it's softer.. maybe but not nearly as soft as neurbanvolker... I do hope that he gets back to the twisted stuff..jeans,knit denim,shirts etc.. love that super long shirt asymmetric shirt that hangs past the knee.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

The leather works like any other leather - it zips up. For a looser fit you just close the top snap.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• diorowen
                • Aug 2010

^
                hehe, I believe upsilonkng wants to know more than that.

@macro,
                thanks macro for the heads up. I personally never saw ss07 or earlier Julius collection >_<. Start seeing this label since AW 07.
                but to think about the label being in between the calmness of budha zen and aggressivity, I can't really see the aggressivity in this collection. it all looks very calm and sharp cutting design.
                which doesn't really makes me fell in love. ahaha.

sorry for talking out of the thread, but i am curious about what do you guys think about obscur fw 2011, and in aischhe fw 2011, compared to julius fw11 in aesthetic point?

and yeah, +1 on the point that every designer did different stuff.
                no one's copying, inspired? maybe. but designed in their own label's aesthetic.when you see it in a blink, it may be similar, but when you handle it, its 100% different(based on my own experience :p, isnt it why we did love certain designer?)
                still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

can someone that was there tell me this?
                  these 2 are the same leather jackets right?

and it looks like a rider jacket if you zip it and it looks like there are buttons on the left upper and they are in a row so you can button and have an extreme across the body look or the same as zipped but relaxed??
                  is this right? if so I think as soon as I have measurements for the sz1 I will pre-order!! I hope that's the case, it's one of my favorite things about julius the ability to always wear most leathers quite a few ways as opposed to RO's zip, unzipped and 1/2 zipped. come on that's fuckin genius!! and pretty aggressive looking I might add.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I was there, you dummy. But I guess I'll let someone else answer you... if they feel like it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• birdytg
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                      can someone that was there tell me this?
                      these 2 are the same leather jackets right?

and it looks like a rider jacket if you zip it and it looks like there are buttons on the left upper and they are in a row so you can button and have an extreme across the body look or the same as zipped but relaxed??
                      is this right? .
                      Yes, it seems that they are the black and grey versions of the same lamb skin leather jackets, reference number is 357BLM5.
                      (but please check on your own before ordering)
                      The leather aspect looked different at the showroom between black and grey leathers but I saw so many items there I can not be totally sure... Black leather seemed to be a bit softer. The grey color has a beige/brownish hue in.
                      You're absolutely right about the 2 main ways to wear this jacket.
                      Closed, the collar meanwhile keeps a draping effect.
                      http://www.mypixeldiary.com
                      http://www.birdytg.com
                      www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
                      http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• upsilonkng
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        I was there, you dummy. But I guess I'll let someone else answer you... if they feel like it.
                        I know you were there but you rarely want to answer questions from the Green Day of this forum...
                        I would love to hear what you think about this jacket in particular and the footwear. I get the impression that you liked this more than the RO show?

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I know you were there but you rarely want to answer questions from the Green Day of this forum...
                          pretty sure what he meant was that he already answered your question two posts above you.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

ps I always hated the cargo, baggy , military surplus side of Julius so I am super happy to see that go for this season. There's no way to make cargo cool for me, it's old navy and military surplus and guys that own guns or minivans that's it. for me...

Minivan was parked outside of the showroom - couldn't fit inside.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                              • Jan 2008

There is no Julius without the cargo ...
                              Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Welcome to Camden town.
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎