• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Julius FW11

[ HALO ; ] urban renegade in the cathedral city

The concept of the collection was inspired by the idea of the remains of the avant-garde hiding themselves in the large cities.

Underground and outside of mainstream society keeping alive the ideals of art and spirituality.

The contrast and tension between the silence and beauty of places of worship: monasteries and temples.

And the chaos of cutting edge cities like Hong Kong and New York.

Between East and West.
    Between purity and decadence.
    Between austerity and elegance.
    Between the light and the dark.

a couple of additional pictures: http://scoute.org/blog/?p=828
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • Skye X
    • Oct 2010

I love the coats in the first and fourth pictures, the shirt in the fourth picture, and the long white longsleeve. The lapels that are separate from the hood on the first one are very interesting, and I like the padded look of the material. The fourth one looks like a jedi robe, and the undershirt's texture looks fantastic. The white tee looks like it's made of a very substantial and heavy jersey.

Overall, I can see a very strong futuristic influence, with the introduction of some of the minimalism of the MA line, but filtered through the goth/punk inspiration of _7. It's almost like minimalist cyberpunk. I love it.

Comment

• stereophobic
      • Aug 2009

looked like pictures taken from a stylist's meeting, doubt the label would've been very happy with those pictures being out in the wild.

am excited by what I saw however. felt different from AW10 in a good way, can't wait to see what's in store for AW11.
      An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
        Lowrey, why did you delete the other julius preview thread? Those pictures did show the pieces even better than in these shots, and they felt very Julius as well.
        the original poster actually removed them, I just deleted the empty thread. the pictures belonged to the label and were posted without authorization.

they want to give a teaser to us, but not too much as the collection will be shown next week
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• docus
          • Dec 2010

Ah, with this Cathedral City collection, I feel Julius' style is really maturing, but still with a mellow aftertaste:

(Sorry...)

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

the boots in the link that was removed were pretty awesome! looked like no zipper though. Always hopeful and excited to see the new shit.

Comment

• Lane
              • Aug 2010

I think that's what makes Julius so appealing, at least to me. I agree that this is a step in the right direction, but saying they are maturing implies they weren't before. The label obviously appeals to ones juvenile impulses, but at the same time it gave one the ability to express them in a tasteful manner. All that energy can be released, free form; with the aura of the garments.

Comment

• magic
                • Feb 2009

LIVE streaming

+DETAILS
                +LINK
                Focusing on object details

Comment

• upsilonkng
                  • May 2010

damn can't wait!! that's really cool, gotta love modern technology.

Comment

• paprik
                    • Nov 2006

For those who cannot show up in Paris.. there is still hope!

Comment

• upsilonkng
                      • May 2010

shouldn't it be going??

Comment

• upsilonkng
                        • May 2010

just watched it!! simply amazing!! the new boots are so good so much better than ss11.

Comment

• Black Powder
                          • Nov 2010

So I don't know if it's appropriate to post my impression of the collection here or if I should have waited for the fitting thread, but anyways I have to say that I'm pretty impressed by the collection.

I not only liked it, but it managed to surprise me. I mean, although Julius is one of my absolute favourite labels I didn't expect any real surprises but probably just another slight evolution.
                          No cargo pants with superbig pockets, no unneeded zippers, no overly distressed details, but a generally sleeker looking silhouette and seemingly amazing leather pieces.
                          I'm just viewing it again on Nowfashion and looks number 1,4,17,18 and 29 are my favourites.

Without actually criticizing it, I also see some Rick and Ann D influences in this collection, but that might just be my exclusive view.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

thought the collection was great, a bit more refined than previous seasons. as zboss said following the show; its Julius, you gotta love it. will speak more once I've seen it at the showroom.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎