Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Trent seems to be doing fine I loved the social network soundtrack. I remember nobody gave a shit about green day because they were rippin off op ivy.

Julius is tired but in ten years will seem fresh again
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• upsilonkng
      • May 2010

I'm sure Billy Joe and Bono are doing fine as well.
      here are more pics from f/w11 from fortomorrow not better but off to the side you can see the boots better in these pics though.

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

[QUOTE=kunk75;284384]i prefer tomato aspic

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
        I think we like different aspics of Julius and perhaps that part you like is gone and the parts i like are still there.
        actually ..i love Lark's tongue in Aspic

Comment

• Dandyzoku
          • Dec 2010

Wow.... I'm speechless. Next time I'm in Hong Kong, I must pass by the Julius store.
          qu'est-ce que je doit apporter à ces créatures???

Comment

• moderninc2010
            • Jan 2011

I am slightly disappointed with this collection, I think Goth_ik; FW2010 is a stronger season when compared to Halo; FW2011
            (as least visually on the runway)

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

could you elaborate?

there isn't a wrong or right here, but it would be nice to hear reasoning behind your opinion.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• moderninc2010
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                could you elaborate?

there isn't a wrong or right here, but it would be nice to hear reasoning behind your opinion.
                Don't get me wrong I still like Julius (as their sizes fit me perfectly!) but I was expecting a whole lot more from Julius after goth;ik.

In goth;ik there seemed to have been a lot more originality. Maybe the fact that Halo; was an "ann/ro/doma salad" (as kunk75 suggested) made it a bit "blend"?

Or maybe I was not expecting Julius to embrace the cleaner and "tailored" look

Comment

• Lane
                  • Aug 2010

Goth_ik was more dramatic in the runway show. There was certainly more aggression with the emphasis on distressing, heavy draping, and dangling gun holsters, etc. However, dunno how that makes that collection anymore unique than this one. Even though it shares certain similarities to other designers work.

Comment

• thee_vultures _actress
                    • Jun 2010

^agree. that´s the only thing i find a bit irritating, since on first look it was quite a step from goth:ik to halo, which is much more cleaned up, also colourwise (same for fw11 rick and damir).. and exhales a bit of a spiritual feeling, which i like.

Comment

• Nikov
                      • Nov 2008

i think this whole salad analogy is way off base. RO, yeah, maybe. but other than that leather belt/cummerbund that appears in a few looks, where do you guys see ann in this? i don't see much in terms of blazers, vests, hoodies or cropped pants. if it's the layering that you're alluding to, Julius has been doing it forever, and always very different from the way ann does layering. for ann, it's usually vests on top of button-up shirts with necklaces and other accessories. but buttons and how they're buttoned feature prominently. julius is different. gone are the buttons. instead their layering is based more around wrapping and tucking fabric around the body to create something like a toga or that cowl-neck torso that they're so fond off. in fact, i feel like they've toned down on the layering this collection (perhaps what people are referring to as "maturing") so the comparisons to ann are even more confusing. and honestly, i dont see much doma in this either. the silhouettes are very different and not much experimentation in terms of volume. i only see one of the tops (the one that crosses over itself to create a v-neck) that resembles doma, but even that idea has been explored by julius in the past.

Comment

• thee_vultures _actress
                        • Jun 2010

just to clarify: i don´t see the RO/ANN/DAMIR salad that was mentioned at all and i´m not comparing them. i just found parallels in that all three had significantly cleaned up looks and almost no colours in their presentations.

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                          don't want to turn this into a NIN thread.. I don't take it hard, I think we like different aspics(aspects) of Julius and perhaps that part you like is gone and the parts i like are still there.
                          As far as people working w/ Trent I don't doubt it, but when you can work w/ one of the biggest bands in the world you do it... Albini worked w/ Bush... Bush... Bush... we are all idealist but Albini is pretty fuckin extreme and he worked w/ BUSH. Does that validate Bush? hmmm
                          common theme and I have nothing against it, I was almost the touring guitarist for a huge band and I would've done it against everything I believe in because at the end of the day you are still playing some form of music and getting paid like you've never been.
                          ps I always hated the cargo, baggy , military surplus side of Julius so I am super happy to see that go for this season. There's no way to make cargo cool for me, it's old navy and military surplus and guys that own guns or minivans that's it. for me...
                          I've been posting on SZ for almost 2 years and this is the first time I've ever witnessed it degrade to a schoolyard pissing match that ended up in some random tangent that has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic.

You're right: Old NIN is for jocks and 'jarheads', old Julius 'cargo' is nothing but Old Navy and for rednecks with guns who drive minivans.
                          And you are a brilliant master of words and analogies. I will refrain from sharing my personal opinions with the boards after this witty, public smiting. You win. But I will burn all of my old vinyl and my wardrobe just to be sure.

I'm just trying to figure out how you're old enough to have listened to Pretty Hate Machine when it came out, yet you seem to have the intellect of a 15-year-old kid from the midwest who has rolled around in SUFU for a few too many years when it comes to discussing clothing.

Everybody here has personal opinions about designers and their work. We don't have to agree with each other. In fact, it's probably more common to not agree. That's not such a difficult concept to grasp, is it? Shall I draw you a picture or write you a song about it? I've never played football, never been in the military and I don't drive a mini-van.
                          I am from Ohio though so by default I have a pretty large collection of guns.

edit: apologies to the rest of the board for chasing this tangent down the rabbit whole. I promise that's the last non-Julius outburst from me on this particular thread.
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

Whoa.. things are getting a little heated over here.
                            Collection was great. I love the live-stream video. It alters my view of the collection in regards to first impressions. Fluid, nice.

There are always those similarities with designers of a congruent style. Definitely some Rick-esque touches. He may receive a cease-and-desist in regards to those sneaks. But I see elements that are solely his. A good change from the recent splattered punk collections. The sheer volume of pieces never ceases to amaze me. He must have a massive team.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                              I've been posting on SZ for almost 2 years and this is the first time I've ever witnessed it degrade to a schoolyard pissing match that ended up in some random tangent that has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic.

You're right: Old NIN is for jocks and 'jarheads', old Julius 'cargo' is nothing but Old Navy and for rednecks with guns who drive minivans.
                              And you are a brilliant master of words and analogies. I will refrain from sharing my personal opinions with the boards after this witty, public smiting. You win. But I will burn all of my old vinyl and my wardrobe just to be sure.

I'm just trying to figure out how you're old enough to have listened to Pretty Hate Machine when it came out, yet you seem to have the intellect of a 15-year-old kid from the midwest who has rolled around in SUFU for a few too many years when it comes to discussing clothing.

Everybody here has personal opinions about designers and their work. We don't have to agree with each other. In fact, it's probably more common to not agree. That's not such a difficult concept to grasp, is it? Shall I draw you a picture or write you a song about it? I've never played football, never been in the military and I don't drive a mini-van.
                              I am from Ohio though so by default I have a pretty large collection of guns.

edit: apologies to the rest of the board for chasing this tangent down the rabbit whole. I promise that's the last non-Julius outburst from me on this particular thread.
                              Hey man calm down.. find a part in my last post that attacks personally.
                              I was using your tangent NIN and using your argument that if someone good works w/ someone famous then that famous person is good... I disagree w/ that and provide an example. That's it.
                              Then I spoke up about a part of Julius' line that I , personally never liked and my opinion of that. Never assuming that that was something you either loved or whatever as I was speaking about it in general. How am I suppose to know which parts you like/love/hate? I don't know you and I'm not assuming that I do so take it easy. Just speaking my mind.
                              A little teasing is healthy, I love King Crimson and if you wanted to make a joke about 50yr old bearded virgins living in their mothers basement I would not take offense, in fact I would agree w/ you. It's not that serious.
                              I never claimed to be an expert at fashion, I only stated what I liked about the new collection. That the parts I didn't has gone... for now.
                              I have nothing against you but I do think you are taking my words wrong, they aren't directed at you.

Comment

• diorowen
                                • Aug 2010

look number 1 is the only look I love, and the leather kimono seems good.. but overall, shocked by this collection. and a bit disappointed, since I'm looking forward for JUlius's aggresivity in design. give me back aw 07/09/10..
                                still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎