Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 225

Thread: Julius FW11

  1. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I was there, you dummy. But I guess I'll let someone else answer you... if they feel like it.
    I know you were there but you rarely want to answer questions from the Green Day of this forum...
    I would love to hear what you think about this jacket in particular and the footwear. I get the impression that you liked this more than the RO show?

  2. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upsilonkng View Post
    I know you were there but you rarely want to answer questions from the Green Day of this forum...
    pretty sure what he meant was that he already answered your question two posts above you.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

    STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Away
    Posts
    2,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upsilonkng View Post
    ps I always hated the cargo, baggy , military surplus side of Julius so I am super happy to see that go for this season. There's no way to make cargo cool for me, it's old navy and military surplus and guys that own guns or minivans that's it. for me...

    Minivan was parked outside of the showroom - couldn't fit inside.

  4. #104

    Default



    There is no Julius without the cargo ...
    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

    www.becomingmads.com

  5. #105

    Default

    Welcome to Camden town.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

  6. #106

    Default

    lol Christian, *rimshot* for your post. can't wait to see the SZ/Fashionology reports.

  7. #107

    Default

    waiting for the French crew's showroom report is almost as exciting as waiting for the actual runway presentation. so, thanks!!

  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

    DO NOT REPOST IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE

    Minivan was parked outside of the showroom - couldn't fit inside.
    Hey Christian obviously my opinion is not directed at you or anyone it's just how I feel. Maybe in europe it's different but if you've spent your summers touring around america and being in limbo in various mid-west ,southern towns/malls/bars like me, you would've seen a shitload of soccor dads in their minivans wearing gigantic cargos w/ pork rinds or kid's hats or baby shit in their cargos and flip flops. Or just crazy redneck "you can take the gun from my cold dead fingers" guys in their trucks cranking "freebird" while spooning their Budweiser (not the euro one which is great but the shitty USA one) while stroking their stomach(not bad) or crotch(not good) staring back at you looking for a reason to get that shotgun from underneath their seats.Not to mention all the cheap goth, industrial, punk metal kids/jarheads on weekend passes w/ their cellphones and visors hanging out of their friggin' cargos.. I can't ever get that out of my mind... I take it the Japanese have a severe lack of rednecks and that's part of the reason why it's cool to them. And when I was in europe it was certainly far less prevalent. Think about how you feel about GStar.. because here it's perceived as a completely different thing, rich people buy that shit thinking they're onto something rad... it's the same territory that Diesel occupy.
    To each their own and to their region and daily annoyances their own taste of what's exotic and what is beyond redundant.
    I'm still pretty firm on that.. but only for me. I like some of the shapes that aren't tent-ish because it reminds me of that rave culture of the early 90's..again probably cool somewhere but here in LA it got stupid in about 6 months and continue to decay still to this day. But no cargo for me..EVA!!
    Can't wait for the showroom pics!!

  9. #109
    Senior Member diorowen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Melbourne-Hellbourne
    Posts
    415

    Default

    ^
    so the point is?
    still trapped in my juvenile state

  10. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diorowen View Post
    ^
    so the point is?
    wear it all you want ,to me where I live and what I've seen it's lame... but for others it's a different story because it doesn't have the same connotations. Did you even read that? I would imagine it's not unlike surfer wear in Australia, it's weird and funny to wear warriors of radness in NY but probably not so much in Australia or California.. And Uggs.. popular everywhere where it's consider new-ish but not so much in ocean cities where it's just consider surfer wear.. Clear?

  11. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    seagulls
    Posts
    988

    Default

    While I understand your point, upsilonkng. With julius the items hold different connotations than how you perceive them. You perceive them in that manner because of the negative things you attribute to cargo pants based upon your anecdotal experiences. This is completely fine, but I think people are getting bothered by your comments because they are perceiving them as gross generalizations.

    While I share your sentiments somewhat I also give them a chance in the fashion world since they have a different purpose there. I probably wouldn't buy any...anytime soon, though.

  12. #112

    Default

    Just a quick opinion on the cargos. I stupidly bought the wide legged one a couple of years ago and can't get the feeling of those raver, Jincos out of my mind. However, the slim leg ones are fairly nice and mine are beautifully contructed. I just have yet to actually where them.
    "Men are the dreams of shadows." - Pindar

  13. #113

    Default

    I'm sure that others have their own perspectives, but I see an activist stance in Horikawa's clothes--a political and cultural consciousness, and a desire to design clothing that both "fits" and "shapes" it. To me, this is what differentiates him from other ************ designers.

    Horikawa's cargo focus may not be aesthetically pleasing to some here, but that probably misses the point he intends to make. i'd guess that the cargo elements reference survival/"tactical" gear, with the double-edged hint at both a social and cultural context that's increasingly volatile, difficult to "survive" in (welcome to the age of austerity), and to the legitimization of hidden violence (rendition, blackwater, etc).

    equating it to malls and rednecks seems to me both ironically miss the point entirely--and yet, to unwittingly capture it viscerally.

    from a purely aesthetic perspective, the skinny julius cargos are a beautiful and functional design, that look surprisingly sharp with a range of stuff.

    of course, ymmv.
    ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

  14. #114
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,890

    Default

    That is an interesting point, but Julius has done cargos before the recession.

    I think the whole thing is much simpler. I interviewed Dries van Noten last week, and he said that menswear has very few influences, and military is one of them. And it is so true. Menswear always references military clothes - its influence is far and wide. So, yes, it can be co-opted by rednecks, but it can also be done by Julius. Next time you see a redneck in slim leather cargos (the best version imo Julius puts out), holler at me.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

  15. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Away
    Posts
    2,775

    Default Julius FW 2011 Showroom visit



  16. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Away
    Posts
    2,775

    Default






  17. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Away
    Posts
    2,775

    Default




  18. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Away
    Posts
    2,775

    Default




  19. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Away
    Posts
    2,775

    Default




    Thanks to Marc and to the _7 staff for their kind welcome.

    More pics here and here

  20. #120

    Default

    Very svelte. Interesting that the...tunic, or whatever we're calling it, is a single piece.

    What leather types are being used this season? Hard to tell by the texture.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •