• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quiet noise
    Banned
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
    Yes, I'm in San Diego most of the time, but I end up traveling all over. I split my time three ways between the west coast, east coast, and Asia.

Who is going to wear Obscur? If you're young and goth, you can't afford it. If you're old and goth...you probably aren't an upstanding citizen...and therefore can't afford it. Maybe 20's and goth? It's so hard to dissociate Obscur's earlier seasons from a specific "scene," even though the clothes have little to do with that scene.

Still, if I lived in Berlin, I'd be all over it.
    I dont know about other places but where i live, people with in interest in fashion tend to have a more open-minded, or lets call it post-modern approach to fashion. they tend to think of styles and esques more as a sort of reference than a commitment to a sub-culture. You dont have to be a full-feathered goth boy/girl to appreciate theatral black clothes and you dont need a collection of obscure goth vinyls to wear obscur. My wardrobe is full of obscur garments and i have never listened to a goth band in my entire life, in fact i think the whole goth sub-culture faded out and became a part of the collective mainstream pop-culture before i was even borned.

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

I know this is highly unrelated to Obscur, but you need to listen to Bauhaus.
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Here is some footage from the showroom in Paris.

Comment

• darkbydesign
          • Sep 2010

I really really really want 1)Those knee high leather boots and 2)that leather jacket with the attached gloves.

I assume the knee high boot is a single piece boot as opposed to a boot with a leather add-on.

Cannot find this stuff creeping up online at all. Where's the best place to buy Obscur these days. All of our retail in SF doesn't currently carry it despite what I believe to be a great evolution from this line. Still think if you are a size 44 or 46 that Obscur pieces fit like perfection and the leather is great quality.

Thanks
          DxD

Comment

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
            I really really really want 1)Those knee high leather boots and 2)that leather jacket with the attached gloves.

I assume the knee high boot is a single piece boot as opposed to a boot with a leather add-on.

Cannot find this stuff creeping up online at all. Where's the best place to buy Obscur these days. All of our retail in SF doesn't currently carry it despite what I believe to be a great evolution from this line. Still think if you are a size 44 or 46 that Obscur pieces fit like perfection and the leather is great quality.

Thanks
            DxD
            Boots will be available in August (according Obscur team)
            Want em too. Sample is amazing

Comment

• Prezens
              • Aug 2011

This is coming a bit late as we are already into the FW11/12 season lol, but yeah, nice Collection.

As already stated, clear sense of progression towards more tailored garments, however I think I would have liked to see a little bit more of his "trademark" style, which I don't think the term "gothic" does any justification. Melancholic would be a more appropriate term in my humble opinion. Perhaps 30/40% of Classic Obscur with the introduction of the tailored pieces would have made for a more satisfying collection for me.

Having said that, I am still very pleased with this collection, as the garments, although more tailored, still have retain his aesthetic at core, resulting in quite an interesting "hybrid" collection.
              One man's style must not be the rule of another's.

Comment

• the-orb
                • Jun 2009

Really like this collection compared to earlier seasons. Seems more wearable and easier to mix with other designers, at least for me. As with Julius' latest, it is a more subdued collection, but far from conservative. The leather work is the most impressive, especially the boots and jackets.

And speaking of Bauhaus, if the early seasons were like Double Dare then this is more like Hollow Hills, yet both show a lot of character.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                  • Jun 2011

theres a local boutique that stocks a lot of obscur near me, and though i've always loved the aesthetic, and the quality and even more the fit. i've been so close to buying the past season long tri-zip but just couldnt pull the trigger at even 40% off retail because I just dont think I could pull it off in real life. If I had much more money I would honestly buy it as art and hang it on my wall... however seeing the previously posted pics. I am excited to see this less aggressive albeit maybe less interesting but much more wearable collection. Hopefully it will arrive locally soon.
                  -v_o_t
                  sale items

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by widmerpool View Post
                    How old is an old goth? I'm 37, I bought Floodland the day it came out. I'd buy some Obscur if I ever came across any to try on.
                    you bought floodland when you were 12?!

i'm 37 and i bought vision thing the day it came out.
                    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• MARK
                      • Jan 2011

I specially like the leather jacket in this season, finishing and quality is better than last season~

Comment

• oskar
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by noumenos
                        are the new pics added on 09/30 on the obscur website part of the FW11 collection (oskar ?) ? japanese wool seeems to be really amazing !
                        yes sir!
                        let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with

Comment

• shima
                          • Jan 2009

Some new pics of the female collection:

More pics here: http://212157.obscur.se/?p=1158

Comment

• neodym
                            • Jan 2009

Been likeing men's since macabre and I'm excited to see this. I think Richard managed to translate his vision to the women's line well.

Would be all over it if i was a girl.

Cool functional leather strap details.

Comment

• Crowzer
                              • Feb 2011

Obsur is one of my favorite brands. It's undeniable.
                              I really the Obsur style, their cuts, their materials, everythings !

Hahaha, same.

Comment

• originalre0
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by neodym View Post
                                Been likeing men's since macabre and I'm excited to see this. I think Richard managed to translate his vision to the women's line well.

Cool functional leather strap details.

wow is just amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍