Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheThief
    • Mar 2011

Cloak really brought me into the world of fashion so, naturally, I had really high hopes for this collection. I am kind of dissapointed in these pieces as they stand so far but we'll see how things evolve.

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

Yea, I guess I just thought the lining would be a different thing than a leather shearling jacket (I mean A&F has shearling lined hoodies, but I know that's a different thing...). Anyway, I think the stuff looks good, nothing earth shattering but all very wearable and cool. The prices aren't terrible, I want the asymmetrical tailored coat sooooo bad.

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
      What does that matter? 90% of the cost is probably the shearling. Even if it were wrapped in tin foil it wouldn't affect the price THAT much.
      music

Comment

• docintheory
        • May 2008

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
        Yea, I guess I just thought the lining would be a different thing than a leather shearling jacket (I mean A&F has shearling lined hoodies, but I know that's a different thing...). Anyway, I think the stuff looks good, nothing earth shattering but all very wearable and cool. The prices aren't terrible, I want the asymmetrical tailored coat sooooo bad.
        I definitely align to your assessment to the comeback of Plokhov casem - the pieces do seem to have an element of wearability, a lot of it harkens back to Cloak - a literal ability to meld into the background without being "earth-shattering". Just straight-up "cool"

I am particularly enamored with the boiled wool peacoat for some reason. It just seems to be a perfect, essential, staple piece - I think the simplicity coupled with the tight cut makes it a definite buy for me.

Comment

• SEVEN
          • May 2010

Two version for the Parka, with or without (removable) shearling lining. Retail approx 1400€ / 2650€.
          'Normal' prices, IMO.
          SHOP
          BLOG
          INSTAGRAM
          TWITTER
          FACEBOOK

Comment

• tricotineacetat
            • Aug 2009

Funny to see that everybody seems to perceive a 1400€ cotton outerwear piece (non-tailored) as being perfectly well priced - Makes it kinda ridiculous to look back at the situation only maybe 4 years back when I remember a nice brushed cotton Parka with lightly padded lining could be had at Rick Owens' mainline for less than 700€ (Exploder '07).

As was already said before, Cloak's initial pricing was in a totally different league and I don't see that Plokhov's new collection would really back up with outstandingly exquisit fabrication and materials to explain the price points.

Other than that, I find some of the detailing going on in the clothing to be rather contrived - would you really want to have a non-purposeful zipper on the elbows of an otherwise classic suit jacket? I think the more simple, unforced pieces are by far the better ones and even then, there is something quite fashion-y about the details that makes me fail to see how these would become an instant classic, as a piece of Helmut Lang outerwear probably would.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ Have you seen it in person?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

corporate wear for women at barneys.
                is the trench a speciality for him, its killer? frankly the slim black trousers (with the interesting fly) and the white silk blouse are super simple and would get noticed immediately.

Comment

• doldrums
                  • Dec 2008

Trench is so sick. Potential gift for my wife, I think...maybe...

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Wow, women's. That's news even to me...
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      /\ Have you seen it in person?
                      Yes, I did - The tailoring is initially fused and the 'knits' are cut&sewn wool jersey, rather than a sophisticated fully fashioned knit... Don't get me wrong, I don't find it bad but also nothing that would distinguish itself quality wise from someone like Stephan Schneider, who does a similar quality level (perhaps without the indulgence of a detachable shearling liner in one of his parkas), but at a decidedly modest price point. I'm sure you have noticed that yourself.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Schneider does lower prices than anyone, that's part of the appeal. I thought quality was good, but I did not see the prices until now and they are high, no doubt about it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎