Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

23-3 PRICE DROPS Merz in UNDERCOVER? DD Tabi ANN MENS XS & Cardi L LOTS of RO ALL NEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Maison Martin Margiela Line 22 Thin Heel Tabi BLACK 37.5 NEW

Item: Maison Martin Margiela Line 22 Thin Heel Tabi BLACK 37.5 NEW

Hello all,

I have too many Tabi boots from Margiela and this is one pair that I've never really been able to fit because they are a half size too big, but crucially, because I can't wear a 4" heel.

These are exactly the same as the classic column heel Tabis. Since they are AW 09, they have a much improved design in the split toe. It's a clean, better sewn structure rather than the more bulbous split toe constructions you see on the older tabis.

Otherwise, they are back zip, secure with a hook fastening at top and have the expected white stitch on back.

Come with extra taps and boot covers. Good for someone who already has other, basic MMM Tabi's.

Other pics here:1, 2

Asking: $700 fees inclusive. Shipping in US w box $18, $25 supplement without box elsewhere, $35 with box elsewhere.
    Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 02-05-2011, 08:09 PM. Reason: added shipping details
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

FS: Maison Martin Margiela 'Bone Mastic' Veg. Wax Treated Leather Sz 39

FS: Maison Martin Margiela 'Bone Mastic' Veg. Wax Treated Leather Sz 39 or 39.5

These are my favorite oxfords. They're so comfortable you can dispense with the usual "break-in" period. I loved mine so much that I bought a few pairs when this color/treatment was used last year for clients. Many are gone. Some remain. I have IT 39 and 39.5 fit absolutely true to size and will equal US 9 and 9.5 respectively.

The nubuck leather was treated with a vegetable wax that gives the leather an incredible, smooth hand-feel and further makes the shoe "glow," much as a pearl would sans iridescence.

below: I am wearing my own, favorite pair below:

Asking: SOLD
      Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 04-23-2015, 03:11 AM.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
        • Oct 2010

FS: ANN D PRINTED COTTON "GLASS" PRINT BLAZER w/ pkd lapel. XS NEW SS 09

FS: ANN D PRINTED COTTON "GLASS" PRINT BLAZER w/ pkd lapel. XS NEW SS 09

This is a piped, tip peak lapel cotton blazer in a print called "glass." It's exactly the sort of thing Ann is known for when she's using prints, and it's exactly the thing that is intended for clever layering. (For example, to show the slightest print under a semi-sheer top or jacket.)

Mens SZ XS
        Women's/Men's SZ B44-small 46

Details: 3 pockets, piped and tipped peak lapel, no vent, no buttons at cuffs. Relaxed and casual. It is 100% cotton, but the cotton has the slightest touch of flannel to the hand feel. Single breasted. Pressing the collar can allow you to either wear it with a deep-v front or buttoned up to the top with the tips exaggerated. Color is most accurate in the image of the "fabric sample" below; that is, white is a bright white with no warm tone.

Fabric Sample:

Women who are taller than me: do not be afraid. You can wear this too. It is not especially large in the body, I can usually make things that are not my size work, but this blazer is a touch too long for me. Womens fit pics: 1, 2

Color:
        is principally white with blue-ish black print.

Measurements: PtP/Bust 35", shoulder 16", sleeve opening 20.5", length (measured from base of collar to hem) 30.5"

Originally retailed for $1250
        Asking:SOLD
        Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 04-23-2015, 03:12 AM. Reason: price drop

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
          • Oct 2010

NEW MEN'S/Unisex ANN SS 09 3 Pocket Semi-Sheer Linen Blazer SZ XS, IT 44

NEW MEN'S/Unisex ANN SS 09 3 Pocket Semi-Sheer Linen Blazer SZ XS, IT 44

This is a versatile that was shown on the runway both with nothing underneath and over bold prints that showed through in a nuanced way.

The linen is very heavy and substantial. The feel of the linen almost feels as if it was treated with a vegetable wax, or some such thing, under the hand.

There is one one eBay for $850 in a less desirable white! It made the most sense for me to keep this, and naturally, I wanted to. However, being an IT 36-38, I would have to do some -- an understatement -- alterations to it..

Runway:

Details: 3 pocket, 3 button blazer, button collar, notched lapel, back center vent.

Runway pics: 1, 2 - this is the longer version.

Condition: New with Tags, never worn, 10/10
          Retail: $1000
          SOLD
          Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 05-25-2011, 02:43 AM. Reason: update

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
            • Oct 2010

RICK OWENS Women's Sandals IT 37.5 runs large NEW in BOX

Hi all,

These are possibly Rick Owens most minimalist sandals. They run a bit large for IT 37.5 - methinks, based on their insole measurements, they are most appropriate for someone who wears IT 38 US 8 or 7.5. (Rick and his sizing, sigh.)

The outsole measurement is 9.5" = 24 cm
            Insole = 9.25" 23.7 cm

Details: Leather upper, padded insole, 1" wooden stacked wedge, thong toe post, a curved front strap, tonal stitching, and elasticated panel along side strap.

New comes with box - discount if sent without box. (The box is the same size as those that come with the turbo wedges!)

Retail $715
            Asking SOLD
            Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 04-23-2015, 03:12 AM. Reason: lowered price

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

FS: M.A+ Staple leather "tapered jeans fit" pants. NEW. Unisex 42

Item: M.A+ F/W 09 (washed calf) "Staple" 2-pocket Tapered Skinny Jean Cut Leather Pants.

These are my extra 2 pocket tapered jean cut leather pants - I bought them before I was able to track down a size more accommodating to me. I had an poorly thought out plan that would involve bringing suitcases of clothing to NYC to convince Zamb to alter them. Otherwise, I would just wait it out until an appropriate tailor could be found (there was an incident in 04 involving a RO kangaroo leather jacket that traumatizes to this day.)

SOLD
              Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 02-27-2011, 11:50 PM. Reason: edited item title

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                • Oct 2010

RICK OWENS AW 09 CRUST Thigh-High Floppy Low Wedges 38 fits like 37.5 New + RARE

Rick Owens AW 09 CRUST Oiled Calf and Stretch Lamb paneled Extreme Wedge Boots (Low wedge 100 cm, platform 20 cm)
                Size IT 38

The boots are constructed by piecing together a minimal number of panels; the stiff panels are in calf and the stretch in lamb. AS such, they can be molded for volume play. For fun, I folded the winged panel around the leg, though not with very successful results. I can imagine, however, if you make elastic bands with velcro closures to use in holding the boot shape in place, you'll be left with more options.

This is how they look on someone who is probably 5'10. (I'm 5'4.)

Retail $2400
                SOLD
                Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 05-01-2011, 02:14 AM. Reason: details

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                  • Oct 2010

Valentine's Gift? DAMIR DOMA Timma Basic Long Sleeve Cashmere Blend Jersey IT 38 NWT

Item: Valentine's Gift? DAMIR DOMA Timma Basic Long Sleeve Cashmere Blend Jersey IT 38 FR 36 NWT

above: This the t-shirt for sale sz 38

This what I wear to sleep. The jersey long sleeve t-shirt I am wearing in the fit pics below is my own in sz 36. The one for sale is unworn, sz IT 38, FR 36-38 (*sizing conversion based on my own estimation) is depicted in the photo above and in this fit pic. The color is most accurate in the last photo -- of the rough unfinished collar -- on this page.

above: fit pic in my jersey shirt sz 36. For reference, I am petite and 5'4" (165 cm)

I prefer these jersey basics by DD to the Rick Owens jersey layering pieces because they are less constrictive and more substantive the fabric they use (though the fabric does not feel as silken.)

Material Composition: 85% Cotton, 15% Cashmere

Details: Curved, long hem in both front and back. Twisted seam on arms, single slightly curved seam divided the front and back into two panels, unfinished, slightly rolled hems, unfinished crew collar. Twisted seam in an overlock stitch begins at collar and intersects with a a traditional shoulder seam creating a more streamlined shoulder silhouette.

Technical Details: There are fantastic features to the construction of this shirt. In the photo that follows, you can see that the shoulders of the shirt are constructed so that they combine two shoulder constructions: a raglan and a traditional, but dropped shoulder hem.

A raglan seam that intersects with a shoulder seam will create a softly structured shoulder in which the shoulder seam follows below the usual point on the ball of the shoulder. This means that to get a correct shoulder measurement, one must measure from the intersection of the twisted seam and the shoulder seam. Image here.

Twisted seam detail.

Below - raw collar detail

Asking: SOLD
                  Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 05-25-2011, 02:44 AM. Reason: technical details added, price drop

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                    • Oct 2010

Mens Ann D Blazers XS (NEW), ANN D Cardi L (NEW), etc

BUMP for price drops.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                      • Oct 2010

NEW ITEMS, PRICE DROPS (MENS ANN D TIE NECK SHIRT SZ S)

Ann Demeulemeester "Glass Print" shirt with Neck Tie detail.

New with Tags. Labeled sz S (fits according to fit model Merz a 48-50).

An iteration of the neck tie detail shirt is being offered this season, too.
                      Fabrication: 100% Cotton. In a very soft cotton flannel. The print, called "Glass Print" is in reference to Hermann Hesse's "The Glass Bead Game" if I'm not wrong.

Size notes: Labeled Belgian S -- Ann cuts large, especially for the men. A Belgian Small then, is equivalent to an IT 48-50. These shirts were shown worn loose on the runway. To some the measurements would be equivalent to that of a XL for a dress shirt, but you may want to consider wearing this open, as a light layering jacket. Read the measurements carefully to decide if you will be able to wear it as you wish....

Measurements:
                      Shoulder 19.5"
                      PtP 46"
                      Sleeve length: 23"
                      Length (measured from center of back collar) 31"

Retailed: $575
                      Asking:SOLD --> $270
                      Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 04-23-2015, 03:14 AM. Reason: edited title, price drop

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

More Price Drops, Mah Friends. Bump.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

Undercover Trench Coat || Womens M Fits Men 44, FW 2008

ITEM: Undercover Trench Coat || Womens M Fits Men 44, FW 2008, Condition: New with Tags

So I am adapting. This is a forum for men, principally. I'm not insane about modeling these things. So...I'll use this Ice/Zoo-lander.

Unique long-hair angora/wool fleece facing with a shape-holding, semi-stiff backing. Unbelievably soft hand.

The felt backing allows the back to balloon out in a nuanced way. The
                          coat features raglan seams, which evolve into dropped shoulder seams. Sleeves are voluminous, in that Yohji way. The cuffs are held back by a single stitch and can easily be let down. (Images of the cuff let down will be provided upon request.)

Other details: slash pockets with flaps. Storm flap. Single curved vent in back. Buttons secured with button backing.

Here, you can see the back in the reflection in the mirror:

Fit model reports he especially favors the shapeliness of the back.

Material: Surface 65% Wool, 35% Angora, 100% Wool Base

And in the case, you were wondering what the interior of the jacket looks like:

Condition: Brand new with tags, extra buttons provided.

Retail: $2200
                          Asking:SOLD
                          Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 04-23-2015, 03:14 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                            • Oct 2010

DRKSHDW RICK OWENS CURVED SEAM DRESS (SEMI-SHEER) NWT SZ S/M

DRKSHDW RICK OWENS CURVED SEAM DRESS (SEMI-SHEER) NWT SZ S/M

(I'm wearing it with a Forme D'expression wrap vest that I may have or may not have remembered to list. To tired to care right now.)

OK. Given that it's 4 am, and I am still working, I've decided to dispense with the over-wrought, overly detailed listings.

You all know what these items are. I will only detail a few distinguishing factors about this particular piece. Unlike the iterations of past seasons (read, FW), this is a semi-sheer layering tank made of 100% cotton. The weave is exceptionally delicate, and it is able to maintain its shape-hugging stretchy quality without the use of synthetics because it's cut on the bias and woven from a very delicate, thin, loosely woven cotton.

Unlike the cotton of the heavier cottons used by Rick, this particular fabric does not produce the trademark roll (Rick Roll?) at the hems. You may remove the black strap, but I rather like to keep them on.

Sizing: This one is mid-calf to knee-length. Sized S/M on the cardboard tag, but M on the fabric tag itself...? It fits me (for your reference, I'm 5'4, 95 lbs) but I think it's a tad too large around the shoulders. I would normally take an XS - in Rick, really, almost everything is so tight it could fit me - and so I think the sizing is accurate when stated as a S/M.

Asking: $270 fees and shipping included. $10 shipping supplement elsewhere.

Comment

• MoFiya
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                              http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5061/5554309751_f2e54e8cf1.jpg
                              Sorry for thread hijacking but this fit pic and photo is ace... Mirror + eyes + perfect fit.
                              I am not starting an HOF debate again but ... this is ace
                              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                                • Oct 2010

Haha. Yeah - he won't let anyone see him with his Zoolander face on, though. If you can believe it, there are even better pics in existence (though I won't say where), where he just looks goddamn huggybear and not the usual plotting Merz.

MBD

p.s. the jacket sold for an obscene amt elsewhere. I'm sure he'd put on that face for a 'lil bit of money for LUC/Linea purchases, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎