Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some of my work!

Default Some of my work!

Hey! I just thought thought I'd put some of my creations on here. I'm a 19 year old fashion merchandising major at Kent State, but I have a real interest in design. This is some of my work from the last couple years. All of these pieces are for sale if anyone is interested and I also do commission work.

Last edited by ACM; 10-25-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Not bad at all - I like the second top (how is it worn?) and the long coat (on a girl, preferably). The first dress might benefit from losing the strap.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

The first piece is actually a coat. The entire front is open and hangs down to the knee area and then connects. The half belt on the back makes more sense when it is worn because it brings it in. And actually the second top is the same as the first top. It's just a different way to wear it!

very impressive stuff! I get a Junya Watanabe vibe from the first three. Coat is good too but looks too big for the dude

Default more pieces...

Last edited by ACM; 09-26-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Nice work. How long have you been sewing? I like the second piece. The armscye could be raised on the jacket a little but over all really nicely done.

Yeah, I like the structure of these pieces too.

I'd wear #1 coat and the long coat as well, although for me, I'd love to see the arms on the long coat a bit slimmer. It's just my preference! :)

Great work here.
    DxD

I love the second piece in the first post - what's the texture on that? Is it pleated?

The first 3 pictures in the first post are actually of the same piece. It just can be styled very differently. The material is actually just a stretchy rayon that's really comfortable and flowy

Quote Originally Posted by acm100 View Post
    The first 3 pictures in the first post are actually of the same piece. It just can be styled very differently. The material is actually just a stretchy rayon that's really comfortable and flowy
    Sorry I meant the 4th picture then

sorry! yeah, that's also a rayon knit. and yes it's all pleated in random places to create a neat effect

And I have been at this for like 2 years maybe?

the pieces look good on the girl, and i like the latest set of photos as pictures by themselves too. keep working i think you have a gift.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Dress made of car interior leather (suede side). Sorry about her crazy hair

Dropped crotch linen pants with selvage edge details in the seaming

Julius twisted seam inspired top

Sleeveless piece dyed mens cardigan

Gauze evening gown (pre skirt lining)

Safety pin red chiffon evening gown

Red chiffon safety pin gown

Dropped crotch wool panel trousers

Wool twill sleeveless coat with belt detailing and ladder overlock stitching

Another infinity coat I made. I can convert into a poncho as well. Made from a stretch grey rayon blend.

Women's ribbing dress with raw edge detailing

Double twisted seam funnel neck double layered top. Made from a tissue thin white rayon.

Long gauze jersey lined vest with decorative edge stitching and metal buttons.

Pin striped linen vest with gauze backing and jersey lining

Gauze earth gown with 621 petals sewn on

well done. I can see some influence from M.A+ and Julius