X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nekroterrorist
    • Jan 2011

Band Merchandise

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for such a thread, as it seems to cross over between Fashion, Culture and Design.

Basically, irrespective of the quality of the bands themselves, what are some merch designs you appreciate?

Here is one of my favourites (Converge - Jane Doe):

• bestial
    • Jun 2008

I have a feeling many of the members come from a background where band merch have been a central part. I hade a huge collection when I was a kid - but everythings gone now, worn out or so. I have some Sonic Youth tee and tee's from bands I've played in for just hanging around.

Comment

I'm extremely picky about my band shirts. I don't like text on clothing, but I can handle graphics

this is one that i wear regularly. awesome band, awesome album, awesome coverart.

then of course i've had a bunch of björk t-shirts with the symbol "odd duck" on them

i'm yet to find a bandshirt where cut, fabric, band and graphics synchronize though. It's hard enough to find a nice enough BLANK tshirt, even more so with the right band and the right graphic on it.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

The Nine Inch Nails Pretty Hate Machine tee, of course :-). I still sometimes thinking of getting one (I was living in another country during the PHM times), but then all the midlife crisis thoughts start coming to mind.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

When I was younger I used to make my own, focusing on 90's hardcore bands. I used to scan record covers, get tshirts from Zara and then give everything to a local printer. If you really want to have a special band t-shirt, that's the way to go. My favorites were Honeywell and Indian Summer. Nowadays I wear Death, Bone Awl and The Sisters of Mercy.

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
          i'm yet to find a bandshirt where cut, fabric, band and graphics synchronize though. It's hard enough to find a nice enough BLANK tshirt, even more so with the right band and the right graphic on it.
          That's true, not many bands are genuinely interested in their clothing merch, they just email a graphic to the producer. On a side note, my favorite piece of merchandise is a t-shirt from the Barbier-Mueller museum in Barcelona - it is produced by a local company, the fabric is cotton/hemp and it's been object-dyed and washed. It fits great and looks amazing, and you can tell that someone really cared about their design and production.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

Of course this one is a little bit overplayed by various store chains selling them, but it's a classic!

And I actually bought this not long ago perfect for lazy summerdays with beer and friends.

Comment

• Zenith
              • Jun 2009

My summer festival t-shirt...before I stopped wearing text/big graphics on tees...

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• BrettChaotix
                  • Nov 2007

I've always liked the style that came out of the early 80's UK political punk scene (Southern Records, etc...)

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                    • Jan 2010

I have all but one of the concert shirts I've purchased over the past 25+ years, but I rarely wear or buy concert shirts these days. I prefer the shirts that don't have the band name printed on them or are a simple one color print. I may have to buy a PJ Harvey shirt when I see her in NYC.
                    THE HOUSE OF DIS
                    embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• munch
                      • Aug 2008

Comment

• nekroterrorist
                        • Jan 2011

I do love my shirts in black and white.
                        This is probably my next purchase:

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

Integrity? Seriously?
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• thedevilisinthedetails
                            • Nov 2008

The only band shirts I wear are my SOM and Crass. SOM is a hand me down from the 90s hence the amazing vintage and distressed look.

And my Crass is a DIY.

Comment

• klangspiel
                              • Apr 2007

only one band t-shirt for me, and the only one that matters.

from hp's '96 tour. made from the finest quality "fruit of the loom" cotton tops . i believe overstocks are still available from siltbreeze. overstocks of dead c t-shirts from the 90s with graphics designed by michael morley are available as well.

speaking of which, i need this on a t-shirt

Originally posted by BrettChaotix View Post
                              I've always liked the style that came out of the early 80's UK political punk scene
                              i used to wear rudimentary peni and flux of pink indians t-shirts. self-made of course. crass records churned out some of the most unique and iconic imageries of the time (and beyond).
                              Last edited by klangspiel; 03-25-2011, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎