X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syed
    • Sep 2010

Really, really looking forward to this (Plus I'd love to be able to contribute an article down the line once I've got a few more pieces elsewhere under my belt).
    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• DRRRK
      • Aug 2009

TheThief's post should be the prologue of the first issue, or parts of it. A lot of truth in this about the worth of something you can touch, and as an old music magazine collector I know what I am talking about, and the nonsense that is just modern, but not an improvement of life. I am eagerly awaiting this now. And nice to have some well known members involved in this.

Comment

• Wiggles
        • Sep 2008

very exciting news, guys, and congrats to all! i wish i could be there on the 7th - what's the distribution going to be like?

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          ещё и ключ
          Фауст, это просто профессиональное любопытство) буду ждать с нетерпением появления на свет первого выпуска)

По поводу айпадов: в их нынешнем воплощении - согласен, fuck ipads, следующее поколение, скорее всего, расположит к себе намного сильнее.)

TheThief, yes, I'm understand you and E. pretty good, have same feelings about vintage mags and books, sure that next generations 'll feel it about SZmag)

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
            • Oct 2010

I hope (as I type on a laptop and read a .pdf on the side) that print will always reign supreme.

I still have some old Purple Fashion volumes from the late 90s with shoots of Margiela's "oversized" collection - a beaut. Had I not the physical object to drag around with me as I moved around the country, I surely would have forgotten about those editorials. (Ah - an idea: scan those shoots for the Margiela thread.)

Those fashion articles are something I *cannot* wait to read.

Sign me up to contribute anything in the future!

MBD
            "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
            It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
            My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Fuck iPads. I want a tangible object.
              seriously! I've even (unfortunately) minimized my sz reading due to the fact that I find staring at a screen rather tiresome. I look forward to the opportunity to collect the new magazine in its moment. I have a feeling the editorials will be rather epic...not to mention, obviously, the articles. Faust I hope you are, or at least will be, writing some of them. This magazine is a great idea and destined to be nothing but the best!
              http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

we're overdue for coffee dan

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
                So, I guess after all this time I should stop being so aloof and, under orders of the comandante, introduce myself.

My name's Daniel and I'm Faust's co-publisher and Managing Editor. I know some of you outside of the forums and hope to meet many more.
                I like long walks on West Broadway, coffees at Ground Support and Julius leathers....

See you all on September 7th.

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

Damn.. I'm shocked. Really great to hear and I can't wait to see the physical product!
                  Will this be funded / semi-funded by ad space? Will it be produced in limited quantities like the designers we adore? When is the launch party? Please give a good notice.

Coming next month.. high-res HOF issue!

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
                    seriously! I've even (unfortunately) minimized my sz reading due to the fact that I find staring at a screen rather tiresome. I look forward to the opportunity to collect the new magazine in its moment. I have a feeling the editorials will be rather epic...not to mention, obviously, the articles. Faust I hope you are, or at least will be, writing some of them. This magazine is a great idea and destined to be nothing but the best!
                    Yes, I am! :-)

Peasant, the SZ 5 year anniversary party IS the launch party!

We might also have launch parties in London, Paris, Tokyo and L.A. - still mulling over some options.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tomatous
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2009

Congrats Faust - This is awesome.

I am going to try to make it out to NYC on the 7th :)

Comment

• Lumina
                        • Dec 2009

That's good news ! I'd love to come to the launch party if you make one in Paris or London and meet you all ! (I would even more love to come to the launch party in Tokyo, LA or New York but it would be a little more complicated )
                        I trust the parties will be legendary, and the magazine fascinating.

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

This is pretty fucking cool. Congrats Faust!
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Thank you, all! Vanna, and other, don't forget to RSVP.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Steppingsoftlyinto
                              • Oct 2009

Just out of interest, and please excuse my ignorance if I am short sighted in the matter, but who is Colin McCohen who features in your first issue?

I'm confused, as surely this is not in reference to New Zealand's most important and cherished artist Colin McCahon?

If so, then this does not give a good indication of the quality of the content, for there are those among us who value his work above all others.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ Funny you should say this, I noticed it yesterday and had the designer correct the announcement this morning :-). Check again.

And, thank you, that is the man indeed. The long essay on him is absolutely stellar.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎