• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

Ann Demeulemeester S/S 2012 Paris

let me start off with these unbelievably gorgeous images...
    Attached Files

I think I will faint soon. This is absolutely beautiful, definitely Ann at her best. That ombre dye job is stunning, can't wait to see more.

Edit: More here at least.

Comment

• christianef
      • Feb 2009

i like the styling for once and it looks very nice visually but when u reduce all the chiffon there not a lot left. i prefer heavier fabrics even in the depths of ss.

Comment

• kompressorkev
        • Dec 2006

this is a fantastic collection. i love the long chiffon, looks so ethereal. styling is great and the accessories are good too - i love the hat especially. reminds me of Barbara Steele in 8½, but cooler. those (feather?) vests are something else entirely

Comment

• Stijn
          • Jun 2011

I think the vests are from horsehair, not feathers but I could be wrong of course. I didn''t really liked the chiffon in the mens collection but it's gorgeous here imo. Really like the brown colours too.

Comment

• Lumina
            • Dec 2009

It's incredibly beautiful, I had not been taken away that much by an Ann D collection for a couple years. The look in the first picture is one of my favorite ! I loved her dyed pieces in ss07, I'm glad she did it again.
            And those floaty white dresses with long unattached hair are so magical

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Can we post some full photos before discussing? :-)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tron
                        • Dec 2010

I knew I was going to like this offering as I've never been disappointed in Ann but wow I was certainly taken aback by this. The colors are very classic for her and executed perfectly. This has given me very high hopes for the future.
                        "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I want to cover my future office in those gradient dye fabrics.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HWith
                            • May 2007

This is so much better than the men's collection. I hope some of the gradient pieces end up being more unisex in stores. As much as I love long and oversized I couldn't pull off a full length dress. Also, is it silk?

Comment

• kagitsune
                              • Nov 2010

When I first saw this, I thought, "I like the hats..." But as the sequence progressed, I loved the tassels and ombre effects. Such a complete and beautiful package. It's really interesting to compare Ann D.'s use of the tassels with AF Vandevorst's (who also had a few of them on his jackets)... I think Ann's is a much more mature treatment.

also, I'm so glad she gave us the option between those sheer skirts that have been all over the place this summer, and the more substantial opaque ones (which I'm personally gravitating towards). :)
                              Originally posted by Yohji Yamamoto, on his second Paris show
                              From the next collection it became a war. I didn't want a war but too much attack made me fight.' And you are a good fighter, I say, referring to his black belt in karate. 'I am,' he nods.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎