X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crtk001
    • Nov 2010

Adding a Heel

I found a pair of shoes I like but they don't have much of a heel at all, pretty much flat. I just don't feel comfortable in shoes with no heel, they have like a .25 inch heel, could i get a cobbler to add on a heel. make it 1.25-1.5 inch, or since they weren't made for it will it not work?
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

I don't know much about shoe construction, but I think it's safe to assume that if you add a hell to a shoe that has been designed without it you'd be messing with the dynamics of its construction.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Phantom
      • Mar 2011

maybe you can add a thicker/taller vibrame sole than normal ones? I dont know if that is possible to choose.

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

It's sort of similar to altering the shoulders of a tailored suit. It's possible, but you can only change it so much and success is never guaranteed.

Putting platforms on the shoe might work.

Comment

• ErnstLudwig
          • Oct 2011

The sole to heel alignment in most RTW shoes is really bad anyway, so why not try it. If the shoes have a shank it can work out pretty well (still stabilize your feet or even improve it's position).
          Based on my experience (had similar adaptation done to 2 full leather sneakers): A good shoemaker "stacks" the heel with leather pieces up to the height you want it to be and/or adds a vibram to the end.

And @ Patroklus: I think it's more easy to predict the outcome of this procedure then dealing with adaptations to glued shoulders of RTW suits, which is nearly impossible.

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

I didn't even mean that. I generally don't consider the armscythe and sleeve cap to be alterable when deciding whether or not to buy a garment, even though they usually technically are.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎