Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MetroBulotDodo
    • Oct 2010

Call for interest: Dr. SEBAGH 3-way splits for SERUM REPAIR and Deep Exfoliating Mask

I am thinking about making an order from Dr Sebagh in London. Evidently, the prices are far superior, and they don't charge shipping.

Since I am doing that, I feel that I may as well check around to see if there is interest from those here in participating in splits of items. The benefit is HUGE savings.

Specifically, let me know if there are two other people interested in doing splits with me of the professional size of Serum Repair as well as of the professional size Deep Exfoliating Mask..

I would split the Serum Repair into 3 x 16.5 mL bottles and the Deep Exfoliating Mask will be split into portions of 50 mL.

The 50 mL Deep Exfoliating Mask split will run in the vicinity of $46.50 per split (I am factoring in US postage and pump bottles from Muji to store the product in safely.) The cost for the same amount purchased from Barneys would cost you $126+shipping.

The 16.5 mL split of Serum Repair will cost apprx $50 (factoring in the cost of glass containers with glass droppers and postage in the US). This is a steal when compared against the $154 + shipping cost of the slightly larger 20 mL Serum Repair when purchased from Barneys.

I won't purchase the items unless the split spaces are taken and the money forwarded to my paypal account (tas@binaryclub.com).
    Project:Dr Sebagh Deep Exfoliating Mask (50 mL) and Serum Repair (16.5 mL) splits.
    Responsibility: MBD

Serum Repair 16.5 mL split
    1. MBD

Deep Exfoliating Mask 50 mL split
    1.MBD

Steps: 1) Get in touch with me if interested with payment prepared, or scheduled to be paid within a reasonable amount of time (1 week, say, max). First to contact me will have precedence. You will give up your place if you promise to make payment by a certain time but are not able to make it. (Also, while flaking is generally discouraged, it is also, ultimately, understood.)

2) I will update this particular document as interest comes in.

Since I am putting this together, it would be easiest for me to organize the project rather than divvying up the work duties. (For this, the "work" would involve obtaining the pharmaceutical grade bottles with glass droppers as well as the appropriately sized pump bottles from Muji for the Deep Exfoliating Mask.)

I would be happy to see other initiatives taken if we can save money by splitting purchases between those of us interested in any particular product.

Anyone have suggestions for other products that might make sense to split?

MBD
    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Ottoline
      • Jul 2014

I had laser to get rid of a sunspot after living in singapore and it took it away. I have a friend with bad scarring and she had derma roller, which I have not yet dared try. But the results were super. I developed a spot of rosacea and no amount of creams or potions or anti bios got rid of it so I did a no sugar no dairy diet for 8 weeks and it is pretty clear. Comes back every time I touch sugar! I now use heliocare spf 50 each day. It was recommended by a dermatologist. I have a light and a dark and vary them or mix them in summer as my body tans. I have almost stopped using foundation as these do instead and don't exacerbate the rosacea.

Comment

• Aurum
        • Dec 2013

A couple of years ago, I started developing deep cystic blemishes. They were painful and many resulted in discoloration and scarring. I tried dozens of products and a multitude of prescriptions.

Things that worked: tretinoin (actually works for both anti-aging and acne...I used it in conjunction with clindamycin, both as RX), Accutane (intense, but effective!), photo facials + acid peels (for fading the hyperpigmentation and scarring), and the not-at-all chic Cetaphil lotion (a little heavy feeling, but great for chapped skin and didn't exacerbate the blemish issue). To echo what's already been said: maintaining hydration in the skin helped immensely!

Comment

• FiggRow
          • Feb 2014

Ive tried allot of the above things also, sadly none seemed to work.

Wanted to thank you MBD for introducing me to camellia oil. Bought it soon after you posted about it and have been using it since. Its worked allot better than my daily moisturizer. Its helped tone, even out, and moisturize my face better so it doesn't look as dead.

Comment

• voltbird
            • Feb 2014

How does your skincare routine change from the winter to spring/summer months?

I find myself paring down to the absolute basics, mostly because everything else feels too heavy and greasy or just threatens to melt off. I have been using the Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizers and mascara with a very sheer blush and occasionally a nude lipstick (I am a very big fan of the Bite lip colors).

Toting around a pack of blotting papers helps, but now even the LM tinted moisturizer feels a bit heavy and I am thinking of trying the Glossier product line which was developed by the folks at Into The Gloss. Has anyone here tried it?

Comment

• Verdandi
              • Mar 2012

I don't really change my routine. I may leave the my facial oil out in the morning if it is really humid outside, but that is it.

As far as make up goes, I don't wear anything apart from mascara at work. I wear lipstick and eyeliner in my in my free time, but I've never been a big fan of foundations and tinted moisturizers so I rarely wear them. If I do my products of choice are MAC's Face and Body Foundation and the Barely There Sheer Matt Tint SPF 30 by Paula's Choice.
              Both perform well year round. The MAC one is water resistant and doesn't slide around, even in the heat, but it is not suited for those who have oily skin. The Barely There Sheer Matt Tint is indeed barely there as it provides only a smudge of pigment, just enough to even the skintone out a bit. However, it isn't matt so again best for dry to normal skin.
              Last edited by Verdandi; 05-30-2015, 06:20 AM.
              lavender menace

Comment

• Comotomo
                • Nov 2014

the line looks interesting (and is very affordable!). kind of reminds me of stylenanda makeup in a way.

my skin is ultra dry so i need to keep it hydrated without looking like an oil slick. normally i use cushion bb or bb cream but i also like using foundation in summer as i can just use a very tiny amount for coverage (more pigmented). cushion bb's can also be too glow-y and just melt off after a couple of hours..

Comment

• Mezeinee
                  • Apr 2015

As of 2015, my favorite skin care products are the following two:

[IMG]http://www.yesstyle.com/en/claires-guerisson-9-complex-cream-70g/info.html/pid.1036462171#productPageSectionTop[/IMG

These are both super hydrating day crams for extremely dry and sensitive skin. The first product is Korean and the second one is a classical Hungarian brand that already by grandma has used.

About the routine I need to remark how important exfoliation and staying out of direct or at least strong sun is!
                  https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                    It was Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Hair Care Oil, available for $18.40 from Amazon and since then I've been using it on my face -- just a couple of drops per application -- twice a day.
                    Holy cow, you are stunning, and you have some of the most beautiful skin I have ever seen. I am going to try this Camellia Oil!
                    Last edited by jurassicsnark; 09-06-2015, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• ThompsonCook
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2016

I always prefer Nivea cosmetic item for a beauty .

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                        • Oct 2010

Thanks!

Keep in mind that on top of Camellia oil, I have been a devoted user of Dr Sebagh skin care products. My regiment is as follows:

Daily
                        Morning: Cleaning Dr Sebagh's Foaming Cleanser (150 mL 28 GBP). Moisturizing -- two drops of Dr. Sebagh's Serum Repair (Professional Size 50 mL 86.25 GBP), a drop of Dr. Sebagh's Supreme Maintenance Youth Serum (60 mL 215 GBP) on each cheek.

Night: Cleaning Dr. Sebagh's Foaming Cleanser (150 mL 28 GBP). Moisturizing -- two drops of Camellia oil over face. Same quantity of Serum Repair and Supreme Maintenance Youth Serum that I use in the morning.

Weekly
                        Every other week: Dr. Sebagh's Deep Exfoliating Mask (50 mL 59 GBP). Alternating weeks: One layer of Aesop's Primrose Facial Cleansing Mask (20 mL $40). Layer one My Beauty Diary Black Pearl Sheet Mask (10 sheets $12.99 @ Amazon. 2 boxes will last one year) over the mud mask and wait 15 minutes. Wipe off the clay with the sheet mask. Rinse with warm water.

This is a pretty easy, reasonably inexpensive, basic skincare routine. I've been doing this pretty religiously for the last five years. The amounts I've listed above will last approximately one year, so it's reasonably priced. I tend to buy the items from Dr. Sebagh's when the items I want are offered as a free gift with purchase to minimize cost.

MBD
                        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                          • Sep 2015

Thanks, MBD. I put in an order. If any of it isn't great for me, I'll send it to you. ;)

Comment

• rachelstinson
                            • Sep 2017

My makeup involves 3 things:
                            1. Huda Beauty BB Cream
                            2. MAC Lipstick
                            3. Naked Longlasting Mascara

A part from this. A lot of water intake and cleansing my face every night with cotton pads dipped in chilled milk helps me to look great and fresh.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                              Vegan Police
                              • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• ahn
                                • Jul 2012

Do any of you ladies use NIOD (or The Ordinary) at all?
                                I've been using the NIOD Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex and Copper Amino Isolate Serum 2:1 in conjunction with The Ordinary's Niacinimide 10% and would have to say I feel like my skin is the clearest and most even in tone it's ever been, especially since using the CAIS. I still have some feint redness around my nostrils but I feel a lot more confident to go bare-skinned (tinted moisturiser) or to simply use a BB cream rather than being heavily reliant on a medium coverage foundation as I used to.

I also bought some high-strength Azaelic Acid to use at night but I forget to use it regularly. My skin doesn't seem to respond well to chemical exfoliants (as in, no response at all - even The Ordinary 30% AHA does little to resurface my skin).

I am noticing lots of fine lines around my eyes which only Botox seems to control, but I can't afford to get it done regularly (#starvingartist). I'm wondering if micro needling in conjunction with the MMHC would be helpful?
                                some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎