Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Anyone try Aesop chamomile anti blemish mask? I get occasional acne and redness but I'm also getting older so my skin gets dried out more easily, wondering if anyone has opinions on this or the effectiveness of masks in general.
    music

Comment

• OliverG
      Banned
      • Sep 2013

My absolute line of beauty products and skin and hair care is Aveda. If you don't know Aveda, their products are made with flower and plant extracts, most of their products (not the makeup) are almost all natural, and they smell amazing. The one product of theirs that I cannot live without is the face cream. The large bottle is quite expensive, but it lasts me about a year, so in the long run it is actually economical, and such high quality. I have been using it for over ten years, and I love, love, love it!

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
        Anyone try Aesop chamomile anti blemish mask? I get occasional acne and redness but I'm also getting older so my skin gets dried out more easily, wondering if anyone has opinions on this or the effectiveness of masks in general.
        Originally posted by casem83 View Post
        Casey -

I was just going to write here about how much I love Aesop lately. I'd purchased one of their big kits last year and only just opened it.

I usually use the exfoliating mask from Dr Sebagh, which does wonders for softening and evening your skin, but if you get blotchy-ness or occasional redness or puffiness, I couldn't recommend anything better than the Primrose mask I just tried from Aesop for this very issue. They also have a concentrated clay mask specifically for blemishes, but the Primrose mask provided significant and noticeable results.

Their calming shampoo is gentle enough to use as a shampoo and a body wash and it smells gloriously of sage -- no cheap "clean" scent here. Sure, a large bottle of it is $49, but I've had one for 2.5 years and it's still 1/3 full...

If I were to recommend a kit with a good representative selection of their products that would work for every kind of skin, I would choose this.

All the ingredients they use are vegan/plant-based.

Casey -- if you want a sample of the camomile anti-blemish mask, msg me your address. They gave me a lot of extras to try at home or give away...

(No I do not work for Aesop, though I wish I had a steady, free source of it!)

MBD
        "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
        It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
        My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• fncyths
          • Apr 2010

second to what MBD has to add. I absolutely love Aesop products. The full range is awesome!

A dear old gf of mine has a wonderful natural beauty line as well called Fig + Yarrow. If some of you are looking to go a more natural route in your daily routine it might perk your interest:

Originally posted by Shucks
          it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• fncyths
            • Apr 2010

Can anyone recommend their favorite lipstick? I'm looking at YSL, Guerlain, and maybe MAC for a sweet lady friend. Her style is very 40s, deco noir...

Any help would be much appreciated

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

I'm not a lady, so I can't attest to actual usage, but as far as aesthetics, go: http://en.sergelutens.com/purchase/b...-a-levres.html
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• PandorasFate
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
                Can anyone recommend their favorite lipstick? I'm looking at YSL, Guerlain, and maybe MAC for a sweet lady friend. Her style is very 40s, deco noir...

Any help would be much appreciated
                MAC "soulfully rich" lipcreme- the color of a Black orchid with deep wine undertones, extremely film noir, potent color

Lancome- Rouge in Love 292- deep, femme fatale red

YSL makes my lips crack, and Guerlain, while gorgeous is too heavily scented and makes me itch.

This is contingent upon your ladyfriend having sort of bluish undertones. Yellow/peach undertones will make these look flat.
                I am extremely pale as well if that helps. If you can find Illamasqua, try that: http://www.illamasqua.com/
                Sangers or Shard shades
                “Budget the luxuries first.”
                ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Verdandi
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                  I'm not a lady, so I can't attest to actual usage, but as far as aesthetics, go: http://en.sergelutens.com/purchase/b...-a-levres.html
                  I have been using SL lipsicks exclusivley for a while now and Mise à Mort has to be the most wonderful red lipstick shade in existence. It's the only red I use these days and I have never looked back since.
                  The Lèvres en boîte 1 palette is gorgous as well and offers the option of mixing shades.
                  Before worshipping at the altar of Serge lipsticks I used Guerlain's Rouge d'enfer and Dior's Dolce Vita. Mise à Mort is a bit darker than those two.
                  lavender menace

Comment

• TheDivinitus
                    • Jul 2011

Perhaps MAC in "Lady Danger" (intense matte-red worn at RO shows) or Chanel in "Rouge Noir"? And Serge Lutens seems prefect for a sophisticated lady. She will appreciate that :)
                    Last edited by TheDivinitus; 05-10-2014, 05:08 AM.
                    blog

Comment

• rider
                      eyes of the world
                      • Jun 2009

On rare occasion When I do want 40's red it use to be Chanel rouge noir or Mac rooby woo, but serge lutens is my favorite now: ravage me with mist a mort and take me to breakfast or work with everyday lip color that looks like your own lip shade in mauve de swanne
                      Last edited by rider; 05-11-2014, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• fncyths
                        • Apr 2010

thanks for the replies gang! I have some homework to do. cheers

Comment

• theseasonofmist
                          • Feb 2011

Fncyths - thanks for recommending Fig + Yarrow . I just purchased a few pieces; looking forward to receiving them. Funnily enough I also read about the line in last month's Monocle.

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

fncyths – this is a bold recommendation, but if she's adventurous and you want to give her something a bit left of center, I love "Schiap" by Nars. The color is an homage to Elsa Schiaparelli and her signature head-turning shocking fuchsia pink.

It avoids looking garish by way of its semi-matte finish, and, unlike many designer lipsticks, is nonfragranced. A lot of women can't stomach perfumey lipstick, myself included. Quite striking on a bare face – and if nothing else, it won't be adding to the drawer of reds she likely already owns.
                            Packaging is angular & black, no bling.

Essentially how I like it:

sain't

Comment

• fncyths
                              • Apr 2010

this is perfect! this is news to me also. are most women's lipsticks fragranced?

funny you should mention schiaparelli. I've gifted her a few vintage pieces from her. right on point!

she's actually new to the makeup game (sounds like she's 14, she just turned 30) so it's a fun new adventure. just focusing on the eyes and lips and leaving the rest au naturale.
                              essentially how I like it

Comment

• fncyths
                                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by theseasonofmist View Post
                                Fncyths - thanks for recommending Fig + Yarrow . I just purchased a few pieces; looking forward to receiving them. Funnily enough I also read about the line in last month's Monocle.
                                oh cool! I've dipped and dabbled with all the products so if you have any questions please feel free to ask!
                                Last edited by fncyths; 05-13-2014, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎