Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pseudonym
    • Jun 2009

The shape is extremely similar to an older model Augusta derby I once owned:

Have you seen this one before? Were you inspired by these? Any other footwear i.e. Carpe Diem, ma+?

Great job though, they look really well made.

Comment

• Jameskearns
      • Sep 2011

Hi pseudonym,

Thanks for your comments. It's really interesting to see the picture your posted. They are the same last, a boot last anyway. He's used by the look of it a revered cordovan. What where they like to wear?

I do know the works of Carpe Diem and MA+, living in London Layers are selling some of the old items from Carpe Diem and it's very interesting to see.
      I wasn't inspired by them, i just wanted to use the boot last i had and see how the shape works. I will be changing the sole on the next pair which i hope to start very soon.

Originally posted by pseudonym View Post

Have you seen this one before? Were you inspired by these? Any other footwear i.e. Carpe Diem, ma+?

James Kearns

Comment

• pseudonym
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Jameskearns View Post
        Hi pseudonym,

They are the same last, a boot last anyway. He's used by the look of it a revered cordovan. What where they like to wear?
        Yeah, mine were reversed cordovan. I really liked them, but they were just a tad large (mainly in the width) so I got rid of them. To wear a derby that wide with a lifted toe box, I personally felt like I was sliding around in them, although 1 size smaller may have solved the problem. As Ive mentioned a few places on this forum, I often have trouble finding the perfect size derby, boots are a little easier fit for me since they lace tighter around foot & ankle.

Comment

• Jameskearns
          • Sep 2011

That's very interesting you say that. I'm a 7 and half, and the last i used to make those shoes from was a size 6, they fit me like a glove. Also the womens shoe i've made from the same last are all coming out around 1 and half sizes smaller too. It's great to know you have had this before and with Simon's work also. I was wondering how the deal with the sizing of them for when people ask me or come for a fitting.
          It's alittle hard to see it from the pictures i have posted, but as the laces are higher then normal it makes a big difference in the support it gives you when you have them on.

Thanks pseudonym :)

Yeah, mine were reversed cordovan. I really liked them, but they were just a tad large (mainly in the width) so I got rid of them. To wear a derby that wide with a lifted toe box, I personally felt like I was sliding around in them, although 1 size smaller may have solved the problem. As Ive mentioned a few places on this forum, I often have trouble finding the perfect size derby, boots are a little easier fit for me since they lace tighter around foot & ankle.
          James Kearns

Comment

• ACM
            • Jan 2011

Really great. Where did you find the horse leather and did you treat it with anything?

Comment

• Joker
              • Oct 2011

Surface is very nice, much more shine on coating is perfect~

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡